UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#31288  by herb andrews

When John went rear engined what happened to his BMC powered FED?, which with the aid of nitro, in 1974 went low nines, that I'm aware of. Did it run 8's?

When did he start racing?

Herb
 #31333  by herb andrews

Drag N Fly was featured in Hot Rod January 1974, David Vizard wrote the article. Maybe it will jog some memories
JW.jpg
JW.jpg (912.81 KiB) Viewed 9197 times
Attachments
JW 1.jpg
JW 1.jpg (885.24 KiB) Viewed 9197 times
 #31336  by timetravel

John went rear-engined in '74 and his slingshot was sold to and run that year by Dave Dekker who called it the 'Green Draggin'... where it went from there I'm not sure but I have a vague memory of a post on the NSRA forum about five years ago from someone who claimed he had it and was looking for history???

I don't think the slingshot ever ran an eight but John did get the RED in the eights.. I'm guessing he felt the slingshot had reached the end of it's development in '73 and decided to go the RED route to further shave the ETs...

His first slingshot was BMC powered and called 'Obsession' in 1968...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=108&p=26935&hilit= ... ore#p26935
 #31350  by torment

dont think so,he had a FED it was the engine that was whitmores,in sids old chassis..?
 #31399  by herb andrews

Andy bought John's RED and put the blown Daimler into Sid Slattery's FED viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1674&hilit=JOHN+WHITMORE,I think it then went to Ian Armitage.

Getting back on thread, I'm interested to know where John's FED went after he sold it to Dave Dekker,who Nick has said, called it 'Green Draggin'...
 #31418  by jaytee

herb andrews wrote:Thanks for the link, so does anyone know Dave Dekker?
didn't he have a brother Desmond .....lol...as they say
 #31419  by timetravel

jaytee wrote:
herb andrews wrote:Thanks for the link, so does anyone know Dave Dekker?
didn't he have a brother Desmond .....lol...as they say
..and another brother called Double....