UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#30971  by paso

Anyhow, interesting to see that Martins steed is now Triumph powered, but to me the name "Capella" will always be associated with Peter Woods. I seem to remember though that Martins race number was 124. So did Martin purchase Peter's bike?[/quote]

Yes he did it is petes old bike 8)
 #30973  by muddytalker

Apparently the white Ford 100E spinning after the burnout suffered from a stuck throttle Jon. Scarey ride indeed and I missed it. Excellent album as always to get us going for the Hot Rod Drags.
 #30974  by ukdrn

muddytalker wrote:Apparently the white Ford 100E spinning after the burnout suffered from a stuck throttle Jon. Scarey ride indeed and I missed it. Excellent album as always to get us going for the Hot Rod Drags.
Thanks Jerry, it looked like a jammed throttle, as you say Jerry very scary.
 #30977  by Badger

I love that little blue pop. Nice work gettting the pics up so quick JS!
 #30980  by ukdrn

I think it's fair to say that todays (sat) racing didn't go that smoothly.
A couple of oil downs and stoppages made it a bit frustrating but what we did see was excellent and very entertaining.

Roy Wilding was on storming burnout duty again
SCR-HRD-L-15.jpg
SCR-HRD-L-15.jpg (90.68 KiB) Viewed 9848 times
After spending a couple of years building his car Tony Smith decided to set light to it tonight.
SCR-HRD-L-12.jpg
SCR-HRD-L-12.jpg (94.79 KiB) Viewed 9848 times
Paul Henser took a ride in to the field which took a while to recover.
SCR-HRD-L-20.jpg
SCR-HRD-L-20.jpg (84.91 KiB) Viewed 9848 times
Mick Hillier of Pony Express fame returned to the strip with this lovely Topo Altered.
Chassis is unused from the Draper Brothers and the body is also brand new.
SCR-HRD-L-13.jpg
SCR-HRD-L-13.jpg (100.49 KiB) Viewed 9848 times
SCR-HRD-L-16.jpg
SCR-HRD-L-16.jpg (84.91 KiB) Viewed 9848 times
Joe Bond was trying his hardest to drive through massive amounts of tyre shake.
SCR-HRD-L-14.jpg
SCR-HRD-L-14.jpg (77.28 KiB) Viewed 9848 times
In the afternoon we were treated to a couple of push starts.
SCR-HRD-L-17.jpg
SCR-HRD-L-17.jpg (70.02 KiB) Viewed 9848 times
Ian Kerr was nominee for burnout of the day
SCR-HRD-L-21.jpg
SCR-HRD-L-21.jpg (77.11 KiB) Viewed 9848 times
Ben Rushforth has his little postvan with him running 93mph through the traps
SCR-HRD-L-19.jpg
SCR-HRD-L-19.jpg (74.29 KiB) Viewed 9848 times
Antony Wilkins morris was running hard all day and got the biggest cheer of all when he came down the pairing lanes in the dark with lights flashing for the cacklefest
SCR-HRD-L-18.jpg
SCR-HRD-L-18.jpg (90.29 KiB) Viewed 9848 times
 #30981  by CRR

Yes, a very enjoyable day yesterday. I don't think I have seen so many people camping there before. There was a lot of day trippers as well.
 #30982  by timetravel

Yes twas a great day at the drags yesterday... I took a friend who’d never been to a drag race or rodding event before and he was blown away by the diversity of cars and bikes there. From fastidiously prepared race cars to rat rods he loved ‘em all. He was particularly impressed with Norm’s twin, bought a Tee-Shirt and got to sit in it while Herb explained the controls… thanks Herb... I think he’ll be back!!! :D
 #30986  by ukdrn

I've just got in from a excellent and busy 3 days at the Hot Rod Drags, what a blast.

After having such a good time I think it's only fair to thank a few people so....thanks to everyone who said hello and the ukdrn.co.uk forum members I met for the first time.

Thank you to the track side photographers I know because you are always great fun to be with and to the news ones I met for the first time who were really nice and made great company for 3 days.

Thanks to all the racers for putting on a fantastic show, the friendly Shakespeare County Raceway staff and crew who make this event possible and of course the NSRA..Roll On Next Year!
 #30993  by Barngt

I had a great time ,one of the best weekends ever meet up with so many and the old cortina stayed in one piece apart from a slight slipping clutch which was nursed sat and sunday . Big thanks to all at shakey they do such a good job with all the oil downs and amount of cars , great pics Jon ,love the one of Tony getting hot . The only problem i have is all pics and videos on me camera wont down load from sim card :(
 #30994  by ukdrn

I have tons of pictures to look through but as always I'll be taking my time as I like to try and do something different.
I've had a play with a couple..
Joe and Dave finally get the van running straight and in to the 8's
SCR-HRD-2012-800-02.jpg
SCR-HRD-2012-800-02.jpg (72.13 KiB) Viewed 8456 times
Everything about this team is cool.
SCR-HRD-2012-800-01.jpg
SCR-HRD-2012-800-01.jpg (85 KiB) Viewed 8456 times
Not the fastest but easily the coolest pop on the planet. This is what we wanted Barn isn't it :)
SCR-HRD-2012-800-03.jpg
SCR-HRD-2012-800-03.jpg (77.1 KiB) Viewed 8456 times