Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#30945  by paso

And Martin Newtons "Black Jack" :D
Attachments
Martin n.JPG
Martin n.JPG (234.3 KiB) Viewed 8241 times
 #30946  by paso

And Jasper Joys " Dunlop" a real Hotrod Trident "HYDE" 1000cc motor as would have run during the street bike wars of the early 70s ..to be ridden by Phil steele at the HOT ROD DRAGS :D
Attachments
dunlop.JPG
dunlop.JPG (2.25 MiB) Viewed 8241 times
 #30947  by paso

"MICKEY TAKER" Ten second Trident drag bike ...to be ridden by Jasper Joy... 8)
Attachments
MT.JPG
MT.JPG (2.51 MiB) Viewed 8203 times
 #30953  by paso

Martin wilmots "Capella" your eyes will run with the Nitro loads martin intends to run 8) 8)
Attachments
CAPELLA.JPG
CAPELLA.JPG (201.27 KiB) Viewed 9900 times
 #30954  by paso

Bernie white seen here on his Hayabusa killing douglas ... :D 8)
Attachments
BERNIE.jpg
BERNIE.jpg (101.32 KiB) Viewed 9900 times
 #30956  by muddytalker

Working on it Baz. As you say its going to be quite a weekend but no gambler. No time. :lol:
 #30957  by Barry B

This is going to be a fantastic event, I'll be there late afternoon Friday ready for an early start Saturday.
 #30963  by ukdrn

This weekend see’s the NSRA 24th running of the Hot Rod Drags at Shakespeare County Raceway UK
The Hot Rod Drags is Europe’s original and best nostalgic hot rod and drag racing event.

With a dry and sunny weather forecast for all weekend this year’s event looks to be a classic with a massive entries in classes like the Supercharged outlaws, Outlaw Anglia and Gasser Circus.

The event also sees the return of Norm Wheeldon’s awesome Twin “Too Much” and Rockin’ Ramón’s stunning Dodge Charger funny car.
Throw in the the entertaining NSA with a great dose of classic sprint and drag bikes and the surprise racers that always turn up at the gate and you have a fantastic weekends entertainment.

www.ukdrn.co.uk will be at the event all weekend and I plan to update the forum Saturday night with photographs from the day’s action.

So take a trip to Shakey this weekend, this is a great meeting that works and feels just right, It’s also a great chance to support Shakespeare County Raceway and as we all should know supporting all our UK drag strips is a cool and productive thing to do.

You can stay up to date with the latest news on the meeting, and view this years pictures on the ukdrn forum here.
 #30964  by ahensman

paso wrote:Martin wilmots "Capella" your eyes will run with the Nitro loads martin intends to run 8) 8)
I just wish I could be there, but that expanse of salt water (aka the north Atlantic) makes it a little difficult.

Martin and his Dad go back a long way. Long before we met at the races. His Dad kept wicket for Stagsden while I did the same for Felmersham in the North Bedfordshire Cricket League,
When I raced with them, Martin was running a 500 Norton affectionally known as Threshing Machine. A name he gleaned (no pun intended) from the fact that Martin and his Dad were thatchers. I used to take my kids to watch them cutting wheat (with their antique binder) in fields between Wymington and Rushden. That was back in the 80's!!!!

Anyhow, interesting to see that Martins steed is now Triumph powered, but to me the name "Capella" will always be associated with Peter Woods. I seem to remember though that Martins race number was 124. So did Martin purchase Peter's bike?
 #30970  by ukdrn

Here's some pictures from today (Friday) at Shakey.

The pits are full with greatness and the camp site is getting rammed for this years event.
Today was street tires only on the track, a sort of a warm up if you like for the main show tomorrow and Sunday.
I hope you make it as it's gonna be a classic, if not ill be posting more shots tomorrow night.

This guy done a burnout and kept on going spinning on the track under power .
SCR-HRD-L-05.jpg
SCR-HRD-L-05.jpg (71.04 KiB) Viewed 9713 times
SCR-HRD-L-10.jpg
SCR-HRD-L-10.jpg (89.86 KiB) Viewed 9713 times
SCR-HRD-L-04.jpg
SCR-HRD-L-04.jpg (90.62 KiB) Viewed 9713 times
SCR-HRD-L-01.jpg
SCR-HRD-L-01.jpg (66.93 KiB) Viewed 9713 times
SCR-HRD-L-02.jpg
SCR-HRD-L-02.jpg (78.14 KiB) Viewed 9713 times
SCR-HRD-L-06.jpg
SCR-HRD-L-06.jpg (65.41 KiB) Viewed 9713 times