UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#29457  by ukdrn

Nice work , thanks for sharing.
 #29460  by Dusty

Thanks guys. The body was in the booth, ready for paint yesterday evening with the promise that we will have it back today.

I will need Natalie's permission (or not) before I post a picture of the body in paint.

I will try to find time to take photos of the chassis and post them up before we head to Shakey.
 #30182  by Dusty

We got the car to Dragstalgia as an Altered. We met (one of the) original builder Jeff Morris and had a very pleasant chat and learnt some useful information. Also great to catch up with Norm and Herb.

Most of the car hasn't run for 38 years and some of it is an unknown quantity so we were only aiming to get the car down the track. Natalie hadn't driven anything like this before her drive around the pits on Friday evening. She had never driven down the 'strip before Saturday evening.

We got in one launch and two half-passes...I will check the car over and make a couple of changes/adjustments before the next outing.

Here's a photo of Natalie starting a burn out and one from just after a launch...thanks to Dave Nelson for these;

A great week end. Thanks to my friends who helped at my workshop and at the track.
 #30212  by Dusty

I should have added big thanks to Crazy Chris for inviting Natalie to join the Wild Bunch...I think she will stick to RWYB for this year while she gains confidence and experience
 #30693  by Dusty

Hey Ricky (Hellfish), are you out there? I can't pm you through here. Call me on 07502 292116
 #36833  by m4rty

Nice Photo , thanks Tom ,
Had a good weekend running a new P B 10.85 at only 103mph , back axle is off to Zannetec tomorrow for change of ratio so hoping to hit low 10's at HRD's