UKDRN

Post and view interesting drag racing footage here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#30602  by ukdrn

Taken at dragstalgia 2012
 #30605  by muddytalker

That was an awesome sound. To finally hear the Allard fire up after all these years on display as a museum piece was a fantastic sight to see, and I was pleased to have witnessed it first hand. Great vid Jon. one that will go down in the annuals of time.
 #30613  by Stu Bradbury

This is the best video so far. Nice to see you are at last taking credit for the excellent work you do documenting these historic occasions.

I think I said that the cacklefest shots were the first public fire up of Ally. I had forgotten about this one we did in the pits - which is in fact a lot cleaner and not so lumpy.

This weekend the team will be perfecting the change over sequence from methanol to nitro along with more renovation work to the body and other parts needing attention. Lots more to do before she's back to her old self.
 #30625  by Barry B

That car should be seen under the lights , Saturday night September 15th, NSRA Hot Rod Drags ... THE Cacklefest ! 8)
 #30631  by timetravel

crazyhorses wrote:Regarding Bakersfield watch this space. Thoughts are for 1964 to celebrate 50 years since American Tour of UK in Drag Fests. Looking for something else special for next year.
..do you mean 2014 Brian :lol:
that'll also be 50 years since it's last pass at Blackbushe 4th October 1964, give or take a week...
01-16.jpg
01-16.jpg (187.34 KiB) Viewed 9841 times
 #30639  by crazyhorses

Correct Nick. There is some interest over the Pond to celebrate this occasion and returning the favour by going over to the USA seems apt. Much work to do to make it happen but it looks promising.