UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#29762  by jaytee

muddytalker wrote:Can anyone find any photos of Bernie White's Endeavor drag bike. I can find program entries from 1972 but no references in race reports although there is a story told to me last week with Bernie against John Hobbs! You'll have to wait for the weekend's commentary. :D
Attachments
!00a bw.jpg
!00a bw.jpg (325.84 KiB) Viewed 6345 times
 #29765  by paso

Thats a great picture John are you coming this weekend? :D
 #29766  by paso

And Bernards current ride...
Attachments
P1090571.jpg
P1090571.jpg (101.32 KiB) Viewed 5850 times
 #29770  by jaytee

Phil do you know if the Douglas is the bike his father Bruce raced years back

Brian Sparrow 1971 photo from Nicks TT gallery
Attachments
!!aa%20bruce_white_douglas_spr_71171.jpg
!!aa%20bruce_white_douglas_spr_71171.jpg (79.19 KiB) Viewed 5801 times
 #29773  by muddytalker

jaytee wrote:
muddytalker wrote:Can anyone find any photos of Bernie White's Endeavor drag bike. I can find program entries from 1972 but no references in race reports although there is a story told to me last week with Bernie against John Hobbs! You'll have to wait for the weekend's commentary. :D
That's a great image. Thanks for taking the time to look. Which magazine did the photo originate John.
 #29778  by muddytalker

Which issue of National Drag Racer as I was looking through all my issues on Thursday. Guess I didn't look hard enough but great find all the same.
 #29779  by muddytalker

I have just received the entry list ahead of this weekend’s Outlaw Anglia round at the Nostalgia Nationals. There’s a full field of 16 cars which includes all the usual suspects; Cliff Griffin, Colin Millar, Al O’Connor, Steve Wells, and Richard Colby. Good to see that Matt Cooper’s new toy is on the list being a local racer to the track but I’m wondering what car Ginner is driving this weekend?

Also Michelle Barlow will be taking on her second event in the space of two weekends, but no Paul ‘The Guv’ Wright. I’m I guessing that Paul hurt something in the semis at the Shakey Super Pull. After all the Alco Pop ran a 7.97 in Sunday’s eliminations. Jed Guy is also making a welcome reappearance after making contact with the starters block 12 month’s ago. New car? Not sure but I’m sure that someone on here will put me straight! :D
 #29781  by Barry B

Jerry, do we have a full runners and riders list for all the comp cars/bikes this weekend for us to use in the tower, Supercharged Outlaw, Outlaw Anglia, Gasser Circus, drag bikes etc. ?
 #29785  by muddytalker

So far Barry I have lists for the Supercharged Outlaws, Outlaw Anglia and Gasser Circus. I have a list for all the drag bikes but no background info as of yet but I'm hoping that either Phil or Keith Lee will pick up on this one for us. its shaping up to be a great event as usual. :D