UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#29346  by jai_ford

Hi guys getting really excited now great talking to you Bradley and can't wait for yours dads input tomorrow but the picture with the Chevy engine in it looks like that same fuel tank as what's in it now?
 #29358  by jai_ford

Hi to all any everyone thats been part of my search for history of my dads slingshot an especially to those that put me in touch with Bradley and his iconic father the flathead king Ken Cooper it has been fantastic finding out about our slingshot, the car we have is actually called Fourth Dimension it was built by Ken, being only 31 myself i feel that i was born in the 60's now any have a head full of nostalgia facts and really looking forward to meet you all at the track as said we will have the car ready for 24th june at shaky car is wb106 come and say hello it will good to put face's to the names and meet you all if you are early enough there maybe still some birthday cake left,will post pictures of progress and car as its being sorted and a big thank you to johnny mental hall that started it all off with his eagle eye for slingshots

OH if you now have pictures in your biscuit tins fellas of fourth dimension would be awesome thanks again everyone from me and my brothers no doubt my dad as well when he realises what we been up to! :lol: :lol:
 #29359  by cooper

Hello Mick. Me and dad should be there on the 24th June. With the car i hope. Its all done i've been out in it to test the launch of the car. Just sorting out a few faults. See you soon Bradley. Flathead's for ever.
 #29364  by timetravel

Here ya go... 4th Dimension in '78...
And_Swaff_-_BB-G_1978.jpg
And_Swaff_-_BB-G_1978.jpg (190.74 KiB) Viewed 10948 times
 #29366  by jai_ford

Cheers time travel top man still glad we got a old original car that we are putting back where it should be thanks again.
 #30072  by jonmental

Here are the before and after pics from Stamford Speed Shop after James brought the car in.
Attachments
007.JPG
007.JPG (778.82 KiB) Viewed 11556 times
002.JPG
002.JPG (764.82 KiB) Viewed 11556 times
 #30088  by jai_ford

WOW still cant get over the transformation and dads been in the garage every other day since getting it back don't think it will be to much longer before its first outing thanks again to all you guys for your help info and imput cheers johnny :D :D :D
 #30094  by ukdrn

Car's looking much better :)
More old rails back on the track.
 #30096  by jonmental

James phoned me after looking at my website and asked about a rechassis job for his dads slingshot as a birthday present for him, as his 60th was a few weeks away. I told James to bring the car over for me to evaluate.
As soon as he arrived I saw it was a car with a little bit of history and told him that no way would I cut it up and could I try and make it a little safer and at the same time pretty it up.
I also phoned my buddy Mike Gleadow as I know his history involved flathead cars, and also being a buddy of Ken Cooper........well the phone and emails were red hot for a week or so and we found out the history of one of the original diggers built years ago in this country.
It all culminated when James and his brothers presented the car to his Dad at the Nos Nats......and to cap it all they were pitted next to Ken Cooper who originally built the car in the early seventies. I popped up as I was sponsoring the Supercharged Outlaws and while I was there met Ken for the first time.........amazing guy. :D