UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#29296  by stevey1

dragracerdave wrote:Who in West Yorkshire has the car now?
Not a racer I know of Dave but very keen I believe he intends to remove the injection and methanol system and run gas through a four barrel
Steve
 #29297  by dragracerdave

stevey1 wrote:
dragracerdave wrote:Who in West Yorkshire has the car now?
Not a racer I know of Dave but very keen I believe he intends to remove the injection and methanol system and run gas through a four barrel
Steve
Thanks Steve, I'll keep my ear to the ground!
 #29298  by Andy Burfitt

Without wanting to highjack this thread I believe that the car only ran once with the injection/methanol and that was the last time it ran. It was at the Pod and running very rich on methanol ran equal to its PB when on carb and gas.
 #29303  by stevey1

Henrys Revenge at the sale on Saturday
photo1.jpg
photo1.jpg (120.17 KiB) Viewed 11113 times
 #29304  by flying toilet

Was the engine run after his last outing with it? Must of been mid to late 90's as my Dad spoke to John about the Flying Toilet setup as we had switched over not long before.

I seem to remember them being in Pro ET pitted a few cars down from us behind the toilets when it used to be gravel...
 #29305  by flying toilet

Andy Burfitt wrote:Without wanting to highjack this thread I believe that the car only ran once with the injection/methanol and that was the last time it ran. It was at the Pod and running very rich on methanol ran equal to its PB when on carb and gas.
Just read this after posting my comment. It will teach me to skim read...

Yeah, I have a feeling it was the Cannonball in 1995 after more thought. We were pitted a few cars down and I think my Dad spoke to John about the Flying Toilet setup as we had just got ours setup ok after some messing about with the pill sizes provided.

Was this not the event John did the 360 in the lights and took a bow?
 #29314  by ukdrn

Thanks for the picture, it's good to see the car again and I hope it goes to a good home.
Any update on the sale?
 #29317  by ukdrn

Millevanille wrote:
003.jpg
Back to the thread one of Norm's best. Am trying desperately to get it back on the track for Dragstalgia.
Watch this space.
Sound interesting Tim, what's the chances then?
 #29382  by Millevanille

Am in constant contact with Roy Webb, and he is keen for it to happen. Car is together, not much work to get in running trim. Bullying is the order of the day!
Tim