UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#29165  by DaveysDelivery

My cousin and I are currently rebuilding the Altered which was Dave Gibbons 'Rough Diamond' with a blown big Chevy and Topolino body. Here are some pictures from a couple of months ago, we have made progress since and intend to get the car out in the daylight over the weekend as its now fully rolling.

Page 3 was a great read, its certainly travelled well in its time.

This is going to be the engine for now, it previously lived in my Model a street car and ran 10.0's on treads.
 #29166  by eraider

Nice one dave! Your certainly ahead on the toys front, pot plants too!
 #29289  by Millevanille

003.jpg
003.jpg (204.92 KiB) Viewed 10863 times
Back to the thread one of Norm's best. Am trying desperately to get it back on the track for Dragstalgia.
Watch this space.
 #29290  by Millevanille

001.jpg
001.jpg (292.01 KiB) Viewed 10702 times
 #29291  by Millevanille

That tow car was a 5.3 V12 XJ! Fuel consumption towing was around 8 mpg.
 #29292  by stevey1

Norm
just to add some info to your original post, john Powis's Henry's revenge has been sold to a chap in West Yorkshire along with a mountain of Cleveland parts! when I was down at the workshop Saturday I noticed in the corner the original front end which had a love in with some armco and a new tripod front end had been fitted, did you update the chassis for John? it is very neat I will try and post a picture tonight
Steve
 #29294  by Andy Burfitt

stevey1 wrote:Norm
just to add some info to your original post, john Powis's Henry's revenge has been sold to a chap in West Yorkshire along with a mountain of Cleveland parts! when I was down at the workshop Saturday I noticed in the corner the original front end which had a love in with some armco and a new tripod front end had been fitted, did you update the chassis for John? it is very neat I will try and post a picture tonight
Steve
I was the one that did the front ending of the chassis for John after the top end incident, It must have been around 1997 ish. Neil Hurlock started the tube work and I helped him finish it and did all the Tig welding.

The replacement tubes were of CDS and not Moly.