UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#29187  by tony morris

[quote="DaveysDelivery"]Update on our car. We've done a fair bit on it lately and decided to give ourselves a boost by seeing it built up and on its wheels, we still have a large rear wing to fit and a long single wheelie bar but you can now get a good idea of the final look.

I was so happy to see yesterday the old chassis that Dave Gibbons and I had raced from 1981-1991. Dave told me that he had sold the old one on after building a copy to someone in England. Like Dave, I have fond memories of racing this chassis, it almost came with me to the state when I moved here in 92. As you know it raced all over central Europe from 85-91 winning many races and championship.

Here is a picture of me at a custom car show in Germany in 1987, and then repaining the chassis back in the winter of 1989.

Good luck and I hope to catch up with you guy's one day Tony
 #29188  by Dave gibbons

Looking good guys! When I sold the frame I half expected never to see it again - thanks for proving me wrong. Really looking foward to seeing it run, please keep us in the picture.
Good luck! Dave
 #29196  by DaveysDelivery

Thanks for the kind word guys we shall keep you updated. :)

The chassis is in remarkably good condition, we have chopped out some stuff but a lot of that was clearly later additions. We've dressed back welds on the front wisbones and have gone over with Tig for piece of mind but theres no signs of fatigue anywhere. We've also added cross braces between the front and rear lower rails as it's probably going to be getting more power through it than ever before.
 #29204  by muddytalker

Thanks for the updated photos Dave. Your project is really starting to take shape now and I bet like me forum fans can't wait to see it out on track. Any eta on when the debut meeting might be?
 #29225  by ukdrn

muddytalker wrote:Thanks for the updated photos Dave. Your project is really starting to take shape now and I bet like me forum fans can't wait to see it out on track. Any eta on when the debut meeting might be?
Brilliant work Dave, looks really nice, can't wait to see it in action.
 #29243  by Andy Burfitt

Boss Cat Topo.jpg
Boss Cat Topo.jpg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 23028 times
Not sure where this one is from Wroughton or Blackbushe?
Attachments
One for Scottie.
One for Scottie.
Jagged Edge.jpg (864.29 KiB) Viewed 23028 times
 #29280  by muddytalker

Looks like Blackbushe to me. A few more inches to the right and you would have seen the control tower in the background. Thanks for posting.