UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#29059  by Dusty

Now in my workshop being 'gone through' ready for daughter Natalie to run soon.

Photos etc to follow
 #29060  by shabby1

Nice to hear-Have you got/are you going to run the Avenger body, I always liked the budget funny-car look.
Cheers
Chris
 #29061  by eraider

Ahh. That ties in now. Piston heads, Rods n Sods. Great news about running the Avenger body. Racing familys, gotta luv em.
 #29062  by Dusty

I will be collecting the F/C body on Monday and I will refurbish that as and when time allows.

For this year I shall reassemble the car as an Altered using the engine from my Model A. That engine is a 355 SBC which came from Deb's Camaro when we put the BBC in. It has run 12.2 in my coupe.

We will have the chassis inspected to see if it can be upgraded to get tagged (if not Natalie will have a new chassis built) to run in Wild Bunch with the Avenger body
 #29071  by hellfish

Dusty
Glad to hear the car has gone to a good home and even happier to hear that you will look after it and rightfully run it as a funny car at some point as it should be.Im not gonna lie im dissapointed you beat me to it as i was on it too but too late. Take care of her and im sure she will be a good hot rod for Natalie
and maybe in the future you could sell me the original chassis and do me a mold of the body?
Ricky (now back in Wollaston)
 #29079  by eraider

So there i woz minding me own ( between jobs ) when up rolls this. Enough to bring a tear to your eye.
Have agree with Dusty, it's in better nick than you might expect.
Attachments
oblivion fc.jpg
oblivion fc.jpg (9.15 KiB) Viewed 11427 times
 #29117  by Andy Burfitt

Found this one in the loft today, sorry for the poor scan.
Attachments
Oblivion.jpg
Oblivion.jpg (604.67 KiB) Viewed 11368 times
 #29123  by Dusty

Thanks Andy.

Does any one know when the coilovers were replaced with torsion bars?
 #29449  by Dusty

Quick update;

I haven't taken photos as I've just been working until I'm ready to drop.

The fuel tank is mounted and now has a breather. Thanks to Rick Beasley for modifying the fuel outlet. The fuel pump and regulator and have been re-mounted on new brackets. Fuel system mods were required as I have mounted a radiator.

Andy Gardner machined the front hubs for me and discs are now fitted. I am trying to source 10mm ally plate and 30mm x 30mm (ish) ally bar to make caliper brackets.

The seat and shifter are now mounted and pedals re-mounted to suit Natalie.

Trans is mounted and prop is being made.

I fitted a bulkhead and dash to the T body and extended the sides to cover the chassis rails...thanks to Shandy for help with that. The body is away for paint and should be back on Wednesday.

Natalie was hoping to have the car at Santa Pod on Sunday for the Ford Show but that is extremely unlikely.

Still to do is wiring, caliper brackets, line lock & front brake plumbing, fuel plumbing and new steering column.

The original target was Dragstalgia with hopes of quietly testing at a RWYB beforehand....should be possible.

Body just before going to paint

Tim prepping the body