UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#24522  by ukdrn

chris isaacs wrote:
johnboychap wrote:No problem Chris just let me know. I might be able to source some more by then.I used to work on the original.
Ah OK, I wondered if you might be an ex-crewmember as some of the shots are away from the track. I will post updates and pics on here when we start the rebuild.
That would be cool Chris, I look forward to that.
 #27549  by muddytalker

Just found this shot at Santa Pod complete with the Warrior Transit in the background. Would be interesting to know who was shooting video of the car as well.
JC0023.jpg
JC0023.jpg (355.58 KiB) Viewed 9937 times
 #27771  by chris isaacs

Just a quick note to say the Warrior is still 'waiting' at present! Steve is still busy restoring his '66GTO road car, the chassis for that is all done and the refurb on the bare-metalled body is under way. Reckon we are still a while away from starting the Warrior, but Steve is one of those people who generally gets the job done eventually, and to a high standard too :)
 #27772  by ukdrn

thanks for the update Chris.
Here's a shot from Tim Stanbury
TS045.jpg
TS045.jpg (111.03 KiB) Viewed 10300 times
 #33754  by GranTurismo

What engine did this car run... 389 - 400 ... Auto / Manual? Engine specs ???
What time did it run back then... Interesting thread... comparing old set ups compared to now..
Cheerio...
 #33938  by johnboychap

Hi
It had a 400 ci Pontiac engine with super duty rods,nitrided crank, open chamber heads 800cfm double pumper.
Turbo box with a manual valve body and I think a 300 rpm stall converter.The axle was a 12 bolt with a brute strength posi and i think 456 gears.I cant remember much more as it was a while ago now.

John