UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#1758  by ukdrn

Phil Elson and Sneaky T waiting to run after a shower.
Ready to run but still looks damp
Paula Murphy
Houndog and Stormbringer

#1763  by timetravel

ukdrncouk wrote:
What a brilliant pic Jon showing some of the top Street and Modified cars of 1973. Starting from the left we have Al O'Conner's "Rocky II", Maurice Morley's 'Vette, the Rose brothers Plymouth Barracuda, Bob Oram's "Red E" E-Type Jag, John Ledster's "Mr 10%" Mustang, Pete Andrews "Maxines Toy" Corvette but what is the next car? Looks like a '55 or '56 Chevy but I can't think who that could be, anybody any ideas..... "Red E" by the way still runs at the Brighton Speed Trials

#1769  by ukdrn

Here is a dirty picture of John Ledster's ''Mr 10%'' Mustang. My Brother became friends with John for a while back then and I was lucky enough to get a ride up the fireup road in the Mustang once.

#1774  by timetravel

Here's a few more cars coming down the fire-up road at the Pod in '73. I'll let you lot ID them all....... Image Image Image Image Image Image

#1775  by Badger

I'll have a crack at a few .. but I'm expecting to be way out on some.

- Ex Stratton Woolfe Hustler, did the Pages take this ride over?
- Poison Ivy, Dunno the Pilot .. went on to be 2 ton carmen?
- Dunno the third .. the motor looks a bit 'Travel Agent' again one of those scary cages.
- Freeman Rodgers - Aardvark .. certainly in a later guise.
- Kevin Burrows Oblivion Econo FC.
- Gleadow Bros - Pop
- The Old orange Crate Pop?
- Poacher Mini?
- Viva overload, too many Invaders I'm lost with that one ...
- 'Trouble' dragster - that's not his arse hanging below the chassis rails?
- Very pretty slingshot - Dunno, don't think it's age machine.
- No idea on the last ..

Whoa, a poor attempt there. See me in red pen I expecting!

#1779  by muddytalker

Not bad Badger - 4 out of 12. Here my answers for what it’s worth.

1. Neil England’s ‘Hustler’ BSA altered and yes the pages did run this for a time.
2. John Williamson with the 'Poison Ivy' Jag Falcon Caribbean!
3. Alan Sherwin and the ‘Travel Agent’ Model T.
4. Freeman Rogers ‘Arrdvark’.
5. Kevin Burrows ‘Oblivion’.
6. The Gleadows ‘Motor Pyscho’.
7. ‘Vandetta’ was driven by several drivers; John Wright, John Robinson and Keith Millner.
8. Terry Spencer’s ‘2-Ton Carman’.
9. Bruce Martin’s ‘Black Knight Racing’ Viva.
10. Tony Anderson’s Daimler dragster ‘Trouble’.
11. Derek Benbow & John Fullerton Pontiac dragster.
12. Jim Read’s Ford powered ‘Auto Frog’ Dragster.

#1783  by Badger

Not bad!?! 4 out of 12, that's shocking. You're being kind Jerry.
77 on is more my era, then again ...

#1788  by muddytalker

Perhaps I was being kind!

It was good to see the old Benbow & Fuellerton dragster as this was based not to far from my home of residence in Sutton Coldfield. This, I recall, was the dragster that got Tony Froome first into the sport. The dragster didn't last too long because Tony promptly crashed it during filming for an ATV programme at Long Marston in 1974 (!). Smashed it clean through the old pontoons I believe.

#1790  by muddytalker

In fact, I got part of that right! It was Tony’s crew man who crashed the dragster at Long Marston. After an extensive rebuild the dragster, called ’Nitromania’, made its debut on the 16th Feb 1975 at Long Marston. The only item from the old dragster was the roll cage.

In fact Tony’s come full circle as he’s soon to debut a two new methanol burning Funny Cars for him and brother Tracy.

#2584  by ukdrn

I know I have seen this Jag fire mentioned on one of the Time Travel films but can't remember the owners name?
What the 'Supervan' powered by anyone?