UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#23254  by jaytee

Attachments
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!d4S.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!d4S.jpg (37.89 KiB) Viewed 10220 times
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!d3S.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!d3S.jpg (58.64 KiB) Viewed 10220 times
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!d2S.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!d2S.jpg (48.77 KiB) Viewed 10220 times
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!d1.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!d1.jpg (2.86 MiB) Viewed 10220 times
 #23266  by Badger

With you on that, only 50 issues but between that and it's sister link house mag CC they pretty much had the entire scene covered. HR&C did a brilliant feature on Keith Potter's Devil, but really that car should have been a CC studio shoot cover and centre page with model .. 8)
 #23297  by raven68

dragracerdave wrote:Welcome Raven, I told you this was the place to find out ALL the info you needed! :lol:
Yeah brilliant, thanks Dave.
I love reading up on the good old days and seeing the pics and video's......... Happy Days they were...!

Cheers Jaytee for the mag scan - I've ordered a full size copy of that issue from Ebay - amazing what you can find again....

Keep it coming guys, thanks...

Still interested to confirm the Rampage 'road accident' late 80's/ early 90's and if anyone knows where the engine and bodyshell went
 #23310  by raven68

Further to my thread on here and elsewher about the Red Devil / Rampage Camaro that I've bought I thought I'd start a new question running....

A guy on the Mustang forum said a friend Peter (Banford/Blandford) owned this car in the late 80s early 90s.
Peter broke the back axle at speed, this sent the car across a dual carriage way, up an embankment vaulting a fence an ending up in the middle of a field ! (I believe upside down) He pulled the engine and sold on the body. Peter was still racing when I last spoke with him maybe 4/5 years ago (late model camero with big block) may still be able to contact him.

Can anybody shed light / confirm this happened / know Peter etc..... as I really would like to establish how badly Rampage was after this incident and whether the body was saved or scrapped?
 #23321  by ukdrn

I've merged your above post together with the original thread as the bigger threads get more views and don't get lost so easily, single questions tend to go down the order very quickly.
Jon
 #23347  by raven68

Oh righty ho... I knew I'd posted that second question this morning but couldn't find it tonight ! Thought I was going bonkers :? ............ I'm sure you know how to get the best response but to me a separate more direct question on a new thread jogs different memories for different people.... anyhow, lets see what comes up.....cheers :)
 #23425  by TonyWhitehouse

raven68 wrote:A photo of Rampage (photo owned by mharley19 on webshots) and in the background appears to be a second generation Camaro with Red Devil logos. Did Sam have one of these before the Chevy II then?

I'm fairly sure that Sam ran the second generation Camaro some time after parting with the Nova.