UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#19588  by ukdrn

Thanks for the in depth history :) the new cars looking great.
 #19595  by 427Mag

Eastern raider wrote:Fine looking car you have there.
Did i buy a Dominator from you ? Dont worry it's not broke :lol:
Thank you. 8)

I did sell that Dominator...how's the car coming along?
 #19738  by PeterWalters

The small block out of Chris Round's Rebellious car is now in my car......also the same engine which ran 5s in Peter Schofer's TMD
 #19739  by Eastern raider

Spoke Peter and crew when they ran the small block. It's a Rick Santos motor. Did real well with it in TAD. Rumor has it. he scared the Hemi suppliers so much they lobbied to get the rules changed.
 #20135  by andyclimax

Hello all . i have not been on hear for ages so i didnt see this thread.
i bought Rebellious from chris round 3 years ago , minus the engine and lenco , but i got all the other parts . :D
i am a regular racer at york which is where i met chris and i caught the bug . sins buying the car work / finances / meet a lovely lady and haveing 3 kids has put a hold on getting the car out .
i was just starting to put a 1.8 vw turbo engine in it last week when a frend found me a BBC for reasonable money, this is the engine i have wanted to put in all along not a vw .
i am hopeing to be out next year ?????????????????? (isnt that wot we all say), but just running a stockish engine for now.
i would realy like it if you lot could help me with the history of her , i know that she was in malta before chris got her but i dont know when , who had her etc.
i live in the north east very close to flav and a few other racers.
any info will be gratfully recived .
andrew leigh

ps i know me spelling is crap sorry :(
 #37878  by andyclimax

Hello just a bit of a thread resurrection. i am the current owner of rebellious and my work situation has changed quite a bit, self employed and not making any money. So the dragster is now for sale. I have sent a advert to eurodragster and i will put one in the for sale section. If any of you know someone that might be interested please call me. thanks
Andrew Leigh 07711397534
 #37910  by LARacer

Ok - here is the definitive history of the "Rebellious" dragster up until Chris & Clayton Round purchased it from Bernie Hepworth/Borge Brothers.
The car is a 1977 Ruthven Engineering chassis (or was originally) and was raced in Top Alcohol Dragster at Division 7 and NHRA national events by Gary Christensen until I bought it in 1989, it ran a best of 6.2 with a Chev/Rodeck engine at Pomona.

The car was imported by myself (complete) and ran in Pro-Comp with a best of 6.4.

A serious engine blow-up forced a temp retirement and sale of the rolling chassis to Bernie Hepworth who put an all aluminium small block in it, raced in Top Methanol for about a year, put a new front end on (with small wheels) and lengthened the rear of the chassis, he then took it to Malta where the Borge Bros raced it - the rolling chassis then returned to the UK a few years later for Chris and Clayton to buy.