UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#17112  by Ian

Wow, I don't know what to say Keith, but many thanks for sharing these photos on here.

We've got no real progress to show yet as we've just been locating and acquiring parts, but once all the large parts are sourced we'll get on with building it into a roller, which should then come together quite quickly. Remember, it's just a bare frame so we're pretty much starting from scratch.
 #17198  by crazyhorses

Keith

When I was gathering pics for Crazy Horses I found it difficult to find many of the 1965 American tour. Only three events were planned - two for the bikes. The first two at Blackbushe were virtually rained off (I was there on the Sunday and got very wet but did see a few splash through the puddles). It means Woodvale was the one venue where all the cars ran. If you have any shots of that tour I'm sure the folks would be interested.
 #19339  by timetravel

a few more pics of the car from '69 from the Brian Sparrow collection
Brian Sparrow pics 139.jpg
Brian Sparrow pics 139.jpg (205.87 KiB) Viewed 11910 times
Brian Sparrow pics 140.jpg
Brian Sparrow pics 140.jpg (221.74 KiB) Viewed 11910 times
Brian Sparrow pics 141.jpg
Brian Sparrow pics 141.jpg (165.3 KiB) Viewed 11910 times
Brian Sparrow pics 142.jpg
Brian Sparrow pics 142.jpg (231.93 KiB) Viewed 11910 times
 #19362  by pitrat fester

ive always wondered when cable ties came out,,obviously after this piccy was taken judging by the tape used to hold everything down.
 #19366  by Roy.F

pitrat fester wrote:ive always wondered when cable ties came out,,obviously after this piccy was taken judging by the tape used to hold everything down.
I must be bored or got nothing better to do i just checked wikipedia they were invented by an american electrical co. in 1958.
 #20464  by jaytee

Start and Speed article on the 1968 Big Go meeting

click to enlarge
Attachments
#########################cs.jpg
#########################cs.jpg (2.42 MiB) Viewed 12465 times