UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#18301  by mustang sally

hi,just had a ex dragracer come round to my workshop and went on your site and spotted the rear-engined dragster which he knew just like that. it had a mopar 440 in it ,Marks dad made the front end, i have some pics of the car complete i will send to you as soon as pos thanks colin weber
 #18309  by ukdrn

mustang sally wrote:hi,just had a ex dragracer come round to my workshop and went on your site and spotted the rear-engined dragster which he knew just like that. it had a mopar 440 in it ,Marks dad made the front end, i have some pics of the car complete i will send to you as soon as pos thanks colin weber
This should be interesting to loads of us, this was posted 2 years ago this month and I know it's been killing a few people to find out what it was including myself.
 #18325  by ukdrn

The longest running question on the forum is about to be answered, well all most.

Colin Webber has sent me some information and pictures about the car.

The guy who brought it was called Mark Geary, he used to work at Auto Art, he's currently in his loft trying to find some pictures of the rest of the car.

The car was found in a barn in Bury St Edmonds in 1998, a guy who lived in Royston Herts bought it and brought to a workshop in over Cambrigeshire, the motor was taken out and sold [440 mopar].The paint under the yellow was metelflake black but no names on it at all.

So with two pictures of the rear of car can anyone name it now?
Attachments
MC-02.jpg
MC-02.jpg (97.5 KiB) Viewed 8178 times
MC-01.jpg
MC-01.jpg (63.37 KiB) Viewed 8178 times
 #18337  by martyn b

Sam wrote:what about this ??

http://www.theaccelerationarchive.co.uk ... -D-101.jpg

axle mount is same

Now this one looks like a re-working of the Sinclair & Little car, with less bodywork, but that front end looks exactly like I remember it, along with the well sloped back roll cage.
 #18340  by martyn b

Dave gibbons wrote:Sorry, that's not it. Similar, but too small and 'delcate'.

Dave
I was referring to the car in Sams posting, not the one we're trying to ID through this thread.
 #18497  by herb andrews

ukdrn wrote: The guy who brought it was called Mark Geary, he used to work at Auto Art, he's currently in his loft trying to find some pictures of the rest of the car.
Jon
90 replies and over 10,000 viewings later the trail, like the weather has gone cold again. Did Mark find any more pictures?

Martyn B
The rail in Sams posting belonged to Bill Haynes and was a fresh build. Roger sold the Sinclair and Little rail to "some essex boys" who ran it for a while before cutting it up.

Herb
Back up girl reqd
 #18500  by martyn b

herb andrews wrote:

Herb
Back up girl reqd
[/quote]

You're supposed to concentrate on the racecar in there, you'd avoid any distractions (specially at your age) with some ugly old boy ... :lol:
 #18517  by herb andrews

Well, the distraction never affected Russ Carpenters on-track performance :D Anyway I'm not the driver, so I'm allowed to look

Getting back to the thread...., for whatever reason theres a general lack of activity on the forum recently, lets kick it into touch, someone out there must know this rails identity.

Herb