UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#17974  by ukdrn

That's looking really nice, well done.
It was nice to meet you the other week btw, when and where do you plan to test?
 #17980  by challenger

ukdrn wrote:That's looking really nice, well done.
It was nice to meet you the other week btw, when and where do you plan to test?
likewise and thanks :D hopefully in the next month or so prob at shakey county, got a few issues at the mo with it eating spark plugs, got to experiment with different heat ranges etc really need to get it on a dyno but were struggling on that at mo due to no one local catering for the extra long wheelbase 82". looks like back to the old methods of plug reading and full throtle blasts, just need to borrow an air field for a day :)
 #18351  by challenger

well at last for those who were or maybe still interested we are finally ready for a trip to long marston most of the teething probs sorted heres a couple of vids with the bike on full chat, and i have to say for a gpz900 motor now on dyna jetted gpz1000 36mm carbs (4 amals removed) it pulls very well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnK69-ZlzEo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ci95r_A-mY
 #18354  by cunningplan

looking forward to seeing it there
 #18355  by challenger

all going well should be there this saturday
 #18379  by ukdrn

How did you get on? It seemed to go really well.

I did have a bit of a giggle to myself because in the morning your mate who was riding said he was only going to take it easy because he had never been down a drag strip before, well that didn't last long :)
Attachments
SCRTD17-04-2010-31.jpg
SCRTD17-04-2010-31.jpg (80.34 KiB) Viewed 9600 times
First run
First run
SCRTD17-04-2010-32.jpg (78.47 KiB) Viewed 9600 times
 #18387  by challenger

thanks for the pics jon, thats my brother who was riding (ginge) his first ever time on the strip, best was 12.5 @ 112, not to bad for his first attempt but got a lot to learn and learn the bike its self, will hopefully be taking it to the pod in 2 weeks with a new slick and shorter gearing, as for taking it easy i guess he couldnt resist having a blast, hopefully with a bit more practice he should see 11,s pretty soon
 #18399  by ukdrn

challenger wrote:thanks for the pics jon, thats my brother who was riding (ginge) his first ever time on the strip, best was 12.5 @ 112, not to bad for his first attempt but got a lot to learn and learn the bike its self, will hopefully be taking it to the pod in 2 weeks with a new slick and shorter gearing, as for taking it easy i guess he couldnt resist having a blast, hopefully with a bit more practice he should see 11,s pretty soon
Your Brother done a great job I thought, he even had time on this pass to change his riding position :)
Attachments
SCRTD17-04-2010-38.jpg
SCRTD17-04-2010-38.jpg (83.89 KiB) Viewed 9860 times
 #18400  by challenger

blimey jon you sure know how to capture "the" moment :shock: i remember that run when he got out of shape off the line , at least he managed to keep it on track, thanks for the pics, if you have any more feel free to post them