UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#17658  by muddytalker

Very sorry to see the car in that state. Those SU numbers look as through the car had been raced at some time in the early ninities in the old IHRA Europe bracket classes of Super ET. I'll have to look at some old race reports. The warrior has come up on here before because Time Travel and myself have posted pics but can't for the life of me remember which thread. But at least we know that the car still exists. Now it deserves another careful owner. Good find btw.
 #17660  by pops charman

I was offered the car some years ago but didnt have time or money to complete. I had a lemans and catalina and living near Greenham Common often saw cars like this parked up including GTO'S.
Lets hope this one gets restored.
 #17668  by ukdrn

How sad is that, I would Imagine there's a few sittng around like that.
 #17672  by muddytalker

From what I can gather from the mid-summer edition of Drag Racing UK, a guy called Andrew Mitchell ran the car at the IHRA/UK National Championship round during Santa Pod's Cannonball. Although no elimination charts or reports were printed in the magazine Andrew qualified the GTO in sixth with a 12.377 on a 12.30 dial. After that the car was never seen again...until now!
 #17673  by NitroWars

George and Paul would be unhappy to see what was their pride and joy in that state...
 #17694  by sjb

As far as i no Mark Lamoude has had that for some years.
 #17816  by harry

Warrior Pontiac pictured 82 August Bank Meet.So there is piece of history for sale
Harry
Attachments
Warrior
Warrior
Warrior Pontiac.jpg (201.19 KiB) Viewed 9874 times