UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#14959  by cunningplan

Just grabbed my new copy of BSH (Back Street Heros) and took it to my reading room, guess what I found on page 59?
Just pop into your local news agent and take a look (Unless someone scans and posts it here)
Been doctored a little but a good photo
 #14960  by kal

Kelvin Fagan wrote:I dont think its the same, but interesting none the less!?

Kelv
Kelvin, your picture is ofJim Balchin on the Neeler Weeler, which is powered by a Hillman Imp motor.
Jim ran amazing times on his old 350 BSA, and this bike was a real radical departure for him.
 #17110  by yowl

Hi, finally found a picture in its "MkII" form.
vw66.png
vw66.png (296.5 KiB) Viewed 12202 times
 #17123  by ukdrn

yowl wrote:Hi, finally found a picture in its "MkII" form.
vw66.png
Thanks Scott. Are you involved with the rebuild thats going on now?
 #17125  by yowl

Not too much. I'm funding the big bits like the rear wheel, it would be nice to get the engine back as it was, but the custom pistons from Mahle have long since disappeared, plus other parts like the Isky cams.
 #17135  by kal

Thought I would post one of the last shots I took of Drag-Waye running.
It was at the Elvington records meeting in 1977, with Brian Jones getting to grips with the bike.
Made some noise, as you can see by the marshals reactions!
I can still clearly remember the earlier bike running at the Dragfests - but then how could you ever forget such a machine?
Dragwaye.jpg
Dragwaye.jpg (42.9 KiB) Viewed 13073 times
 #17141  by jaytee

What times was it running in 77 Keith
 #17144  by kal

jaytee wrote:What times was it running in 77 Keith
The bike had handling problems, as it was very windy, but it's new rider but did set a 2000cc record for the kilo at 22.37s average, checking back in my notes. Took some getting used to away from the line, which was no good for the quarter attempts.
 #18372  by jaytee

Any news on the rebuild
Attachments
#aDRAGWAYE.jpg
#aDRAGWAYE.jpg (971 KiB) Viewed 12742 times
 #19356  by timetravel

another shot of it at the Pod in '71
Brian Sparrow pics 961.jpg
Brian Sparrow pics 961.jpg (155.06 KiB) Viewed 12571 times
(Brian Sparrow pic)