UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#5185  by cunningplan

Thats the one I was thinking of, I did think it was a cement mixer, maybe looked like one from the top of the stands where we were. I have some photos somewhere.
I still think it was to do with Murty.
 #5213  by cunningplan

I said it looked like a cement mixer from where I was sitting

#13803  by sjb

Was i dreaming :lol: :? :( or did i really see a new wheelie truck coming out??? pictured in a mag somewhere-it was a Dodge A100-like the "little Red Wagon" :?
 #13806  by torment

i saw the a100 in the pits at the mopars,its a really nice piece of kit...
 #13811  by muddytalker

sjb wrote:Was i dreaming :lol: :? :( or did i really see a new wheelie truck coming out??? pictured in a mag somewhere-it was a Dodge A100-like the "little Red Wagon" :?
No sjb you weren't dreaming. Although still underpower in private tests at Santa Pod the Dodge appear for the first time at Wheels USA. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1472

#13814  by sjb

Chears for that :) somehow i mist that other thread,cant wait to see it run!
Was it biult over here?
 #13815  by muddytalker

Jon's hinted that he may bring it to the Hot Rod Drags but nothing definate. When he called me about it he said that it was a bit of a handful and do we mind him bringing it to the raceway. As if he need ask :lol:
 #13818  by fester

That looks brilliant,definatly go to the fence to watch that,,,does anyone remember one in the states that was made the wrong way round ,so the front was the back???
 #13819  by sjb

fester wrote:That looks brilliant,definatly go to the fence to watch that,,,does anyone remember one in the states that was made the wrong way round ,so the front was the back???
Yep the "Back Up Truck" think it was called :lol: must of been great then all the differant exibition vehicles. 8)
 #13823  by martyn b

Yes, it was called Backup Pickup.

The Little Red Wagon was running10.3 quarters @ 128 back in 1964. The engine was situated behind the cab driving conventionally to the rear axle, and not as in the colour me pickup over the rear axle driving forward to (I presume)an in and out box.

Another wheelstander of repute not so far mentioned is 'Wild' Bill Shrewsbury. I think I shall have to go looking for Photo's..