UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#10752  by Badger

You beat me to it Muddy with the cover of Street Rod and Machine Monthly. But yea, no thread on opel GT's would be complete without the gorgeous car of Frank and Linda Mazi. It's a car with complex paint but cleverly it doesn't dominate such a small car. Mono decals, gorgeous cragar's and shiny blower - it's a beauty. I can live without the OTT injector set-up though!
Also a look at the Clifton Bros 'Hot Tomato' ..
Attachments
mazi.jpg
mazi.jpg (782.49 KiB) Viewed 14804 times
hot Tomato.jpg
hot Tomato.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 14806 times
 #10754  by Eastern raider

Yep the middle one is frank and linda mazi's car(in pink)
Here's another. We all know Stones woods and Cook ran Willys and a Mustang,but i've never seen this Opel before. slightly off subject but Brad Anderson also ran a Prefect/Anglia.
Attachments
swc opel.jpg
swc opel.jpg (38.1 KiB) Viewed 15110 times
 #10793  by Eastern raider

Here's another currently for sale over on racingjunk. Also for sale on there is the Moody Blue Opel listed as a none runner.
Attachments
opel on racingjunk.jpg
opel on racingjunk.jpg (49 KiB) Viewed 15052 times
 #10948  by herb andrews

After seeing the Wayne County Opel launch for the first time I made a point of whenever Comp was called to go and watch it run, I must have done that at a number of races as it was a great launching car. A real killer in Comp.
Interesting article Badger. One thing, I'm sure I read in National Dragster that it was destroyed in a two car crash, I think when Larry Kopp had it (but I could be wrong about the owner). Does anybody else remember that?
Herb
 #11648  by herb andrews

Heres a couple more views from our 84 US nationals trip of two great looking Opels.
view3.jpg
view3.jpg (47.43 KiB) Viewed 12902 times
view2.jpg
view2.jpg (47.33 KiB) Viewed 12901 times
Herb
 #11655  by Badger

York Sept 97, no idea who was running it ..
Attachments
opelrear.jpg
opelrear.jpg (476.45 KiB) Viewed 11036 times
opelfront.jpg
opelfront.jpg (440.74 KiB) Viewed 11032 times
 #11658  by muddytalker

That's the Opel that Matts Anderson is currently campaigning in Street Eliminator; the ex Clifton Bros 'Hot Tomato'. Guys name was Andrew. He was one of the PDRC's committee men at the time. I seem to recall there was somekind of partnership between him and Matts, but I guess there's story attached to that! And the Jeep altered in the background is Dave 'Fuzzie' McKenzie's 'The Thing'.
 #23027  by ukdrn

Any news on here this is coming along?
Pictures:DMG