UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#10835  by teamgridlock

Thanks Herb,

The chassis looks very similar, except the roll cage is more like

http://www.theaccelerationarchive.co.uk ... CA-028.jpg

Possibly been beefed up over time, it also shows the front wheels that it has now, also found

http://www.theaccelerationarchive.co.uk ... CA-035.jpg

which shows the current body but the spoked wheels. Did they come with the car at that time and the new owner change them around?
 #11013  by kingbrothers

It is the first Frontline car.We had it from Steve Clarke when they built the second lower car.We had it without the T body so we had Pat Cuss make us a Topo body.The picture of ECA 10 on Acceleration Archive is the car straight from the Pat Cuss workshop in Wiltshire (ECA10 was a number Francis Parker gave it as had not been weighed).This must be about 1986 as I still have its first weighbridge ticket (520 kgs with a rover3.5)Dave Chapman left about 1990 so I just ran the car in rwybs.I had untill 1996 when Cris Isaacs built me a new car driven by Jim Draper.Keith Ridley bought all the bits from me I did not use on the new car.
 #11038  by teamgridlock

Thanks very much for the info, do you have any pics that could be scanned so that I can build up a complete history of the car please or any other info?

so far
???? - 1986 Front Line
1986-1996 King Brothers
1996- Keith Ridgley
2003?-2008 Paul MArtin
2008- Date Team Gridlock
 #11635  by teamgridlock

kingbrothers wrote:I have a pile of photos in the loft I will sort them out for you.
Did you have a chancve to sort any pics, it would be greatly aoppreciated

Cheers

Dex
 #11892  by teamgridlock

kingbrothers wrote:It is the first Frontline car.We had it from Steve Clarke when they built the second lower car.We had it without the T body so we had Pat Cuss make us a Topo body.The picture of ECA 10 on Acceleration Archive is the car straight from the Pat Cuss workshop in Wiltshire (ECA10 was a number Francis Parker gave it as had not been weighed).This must be about 1986 as I still have its first weighbridge ticket (520 kgs with a rover3.5)Dave Chapman left about 1990 so I just ran the car in rwybs.I had untill 1996 when Cris Isaacs built me a new car driven by Jim Draper.Keith Ridley bought all the bits from me I did not use on the new car.
HAve you got any more dates info please, the trail is going cold lol, many thanks, Dex
 #11899  by muddytalker

Dex

I have found another photo of your car from 1983 at Long Marston Raceway. In fact I can only find two programme entries for DCA40 'High Anxiety' under Dave Chapman's name; one at Blackbushe Airport May 15th and the other at LMR's Springnationals 4th/5th June.

Photo by Dick Parnham
 #11900  by muddytalker

Here's another photo which Dex has seen at the weekend which other forum members might like to see. Taken at Santa Pod in 1993 at the Flame & Thunder event - I think.

Photo by Paul Duxbury