UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#10341  by teamgridlock

Hi All, we have bought and started to run a Fiat Topolino Altered, last raced with the WIld Bunch back in 2003, its number was 265, painted yellow with red flames and was owned by Paul Martin.

Does anyone know of its history at all please or any pictures?
 #10705  by fester

is paul martin the guy from anglesey that makes topo bodys?If it is then i know all about this car?
 #10709  by NitroWars

fester wrote:is paul martin the guy from anglesey that makes topo bodys?If it is then i know all about this car?
No Bill, that is Paul Bland...
 #10714  by fester

Actually these gridlocked guys need a bit of credit the way they have included the media,if we all did what the have done pr wise the sport wouldnt be so secret
 #10732  by teamgridlock

Thanks Fester,

We just hope we are going to live up to the hype lol. Although we are new to being active in the sport we do love to be involved in the media,

Our lil ol Comp Altered has now appeared in a Music Video for a girl trio called Fresh as Tommi to be released erly 2009, been photohraphed for apple bottoms clothing (owned by Pop star Nelly), we took it to the International Modified and Performance show at Ally Pally last month and won Best Modified, and had a large spread in a London weekly newspaper. Just gotta get on the track and win some races now lol

http://www.teamgridlock.co.uk/News--and--Events.php

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq12 ... /bambi.jpg
 #10776  by timetravel

teamgridlock wrote:Here is a piccy of when we first got the car, hopefully it may jog someones memory for some history

Looking at that nose I'd say it's the old High Anxiety car. I took this pic at North Weald Aug '86 when Dave Chapman was running it........
NORTH WEALD AUG '86 011.jpg
NORTH WEALD AUG '86 011.jpg (43.79 KiB) Viewed 11603 times
 #10829  by teamgridlock

Thats fantastic, a coincidence that Adz (the driver) was born in 1986. If anyone has any more info/pics/history it would be very much appeciated