UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#29419  by muddytalker
 Tue May 22, 2012 1:09 pm
Following Andy Murton’s first dip into the 8 second zone at the recent Street Nationals you can bet your bottom dollar that he’ll be out to set the same standard at Shakey with his street driven ’68 Chevy Camaro. Andy’s fellow racers from Outlaw Street will be at the strip as well. As many as 25 hard as nails American inspired street cars! Bring it on.
 #29420  by muddytalker
 Tue May 22, 2012 1:11 pm
Off track fun includes the Coventry Dynamite Cheerleaders on Sunday, big rigs for the big boys, dodgem and fair rides for the kids, Wendy's Disco in Kenny's bar both evenings and the Band Insomnia on Saturday night again in Kenny's bar and Sunday, straight from racing the oval at Birmingham Wheels Raceway scaled down versions of Nascar Sprint Cup oval track Stock Cars from the good people of Mascar and the new junior formula Jascar, and its all comin’ to Yanks. Yeee-ha!
 #29421  by muddytalker
 Tue May 22, 2012 1:11 pm
Don’t forget people the track will be opening this Friday at Yanks from 12.00 noon to 5.00pm for Run What Ya Brung for cars running on street tyres and silencers but please note that the track won’t be prepped but will have the usual day’s sweep and drag of the rubber sled. Full prep will be available on Saturday & Sunday. All street cars (American or otherwise) only are welcome. Gates officially open at 8.00 am Friday. There will be an element of a pit plan in place which will come into force on Friday am. For admission details, track times and track fees please see the Events page of the www.shakespearecountyraceway.co.uk web site. The forecast is now looking better everyday we look at it. See you at the strip!
 #29422  by muddytalker
 Tue May 22, 2012 1:21 pm
The Gasser Circus has a great line up of cars for this weekends Yanks at Shakey including Ray Turner's classic Green Onions Chevy, Nick's Nogbad The Bad Austin, Kenny's Chevy Roarin Rat, Identity Crisis, the Crowd Pleaser, Honky Tonkin II, Alchemist, Old harper, Whiplash, Horrid Henry, Flafas Revenge, Checkered Demon, Aint Misbehavin and the return of the Boston Brawler '33 Willys Coupe. There a few new cars in that line up with even more to show come the Nostalgia Nationals.
 #29436  by Barngt
 Wed May 23, 2012 6:03 pm
muddytalker wrote:Simon Cooper's blown Nova looks interesting piece of kit. I wonder if we'll get to see the new Pro Chevy of Paul Watts next weekend?
Sy_NOVA.jpg
There's a few new Gasser Circus cars slated to appear as well.
Good to see the Coopers have got the gearbox sorted and will be out :)
 #29445  by fuzzie
 Wed May 23, 2012 11:30 pm
Add Simon Boot with his supercharged Camaro to the Supercharged Outlaws line up this weekend
Now back up to 13 cars
This is shaping up to be a cracking weekend
I for one cannot wait
see you all at the track
:D
 #29470  by ukdrn
 Sat May 26, 2012 6:45 pm
After a slow start we had some great action here all day at until Mick Gould done the launch of the day, the car got away from him on the centre line and he gave the armco a good whack at half track.
Luckily Mick was okay but the armco needed repairing and with little time left the day was called early although I must add the armco did exactly what it was meant to do with no dramas at all.

Who knows what's going to happen tomorrow so if you fancy a great day out tomorrow then take a visit to shakey but bring the sun block :)

GP-10.jpg
Liam brought out the lengthened Vauxhall and after a couple of checkout passes the car went straight and true.
GP-01.jpg
I don't know anything about this entry in WB, maybe you do?
GP-06.jpg
Crazy horse made its debut with a checkout pass
GP-05.jpg
Fadster's car is producing huge amounts of power but keeping it straight is another issue
GP-04.jpg
GP-02.jpg
GP-07.jpg
GP-03.jpg
GP-08jpg.jpg
GP-09jpg.jpg
 #29471  by pad116
 Sat May 26, 2012 7:56 pm
Here are 4 heavily cropped pics of the Mick Gould incident mentioned by Jon.

The chequer board is obviously an aiming point.

Helen should have some good video !
Attachments
mg1.jpg
mg2.jpg
mg3.jpg
mg4.jpg
 #29475  by wayne
 Sat May 26, 2012 10:58 pm
i seem to remember a pinto powered altered called qiuet riot run by a guy called john guthrie in the late 90S,my memory is a bit hazy though :)
 #29476  by cunningplan
 Sat May 26, 2012 11:24 pm
wayne wrote:i seem to remember a pinto powered altered called qiuet riot run by a guy called john guthrie in the late 90S,my memory is a bit hazy though :)
Lee Hartnell had quiet riot and was called dazed and confused and ran a rover, the blue car is Scottie & Gina's old Tikki Munki car (Ex dorset horn chassis, owned by me for a while)