UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#4444  by FordCorsair

as can be seen from the images, Hot Wheels drag racing very much alive on our living room floor...

my 'nearly' five year old boy was inspired to re-create the Open Nats that he saw at SCR on Saturday. :D
 #4446  by FordCorsair

the 'floor mat' drag strip was computer generated (adobe illustrator), outputted to large format printer and then encapsulated. It's about 10ft long. Our previous version was drawn on to lining paper and coloured up with feltips.
 #4447  by TimeMachine

You should do some more and flog them on ebay, there must be a market for something like that!
 #4448  by JonC

10 foot long strips? Hmmm, I think thats the border sorted for the kids bedroom, Mrs C...
 #4476  by ukdrn

That's a great matt FC, I'm sure you would sell a few of those on ebay, it a shame my boys have grown up as I wouldn't have a excuse to buy one now.
I also have a collection of the Hot Wheels dragsters and rods,I've been picking them up our weekly shopping trips for a few years now, cheap and small make them easy to collect.
When I went to the Uxbridge Autoshow I meet a guy selling hundreds of these things, I never knew there was so many variants of the same cars.
 #4483  by FordCorsair

there was a big stall of them at Shakey (Open Sport Nationals), shame they were a bit over priced but my lad bought one anyway, but the wife had predicted that he'd want a dragster and so got one in Tescos the day before about 60% cheaper. Not come across another 'jelly' mold funny car (brown one in pics) since getting it in a 5 pack from Toys Are Us.

if people really want a foor mat contact me via my website and I'll see what i can do.

[edited: due to not having PM service on here; 8pm 03/09/07] thanks.