UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#37355  by ukdrn

Interesting to see that the use of nitro is to be allowed next year in SP ET.
I was wondering from a technical point of view how hard or practical that is to work within a sportsman class when running many sessions at different times throughout the day and throughout a meeting?
 #37360  by carpenterracing

In my opinion Jon, and I must add this is my own personal opinion, its all a little late for Nitro to return in sportsman classes these days.
The classes and cars have evolved far too much to make Nitro a realistic choice for a fuel these days. These days Methanol cars are so consistent I think most people will look at it as a waste of time, or just a showmanship piece.

Seeing how the classes wait on the start line at todays races to keep the racing flowing, I don't think its too viable either.
We need to have a clear track so we can fire up, go straight to our burnout and race. We just cant afford to sit around waiting for cars to race or we cook up!

For most people Nitros just too much hassle to obtain, store and use; not to mention the messing around you have to do to get your car even close to running consistently with atmospherics, etc.

And as for the cost!!!!!!! :shock:
There's simply not enough media exposure in the sportsman classes for you to get serious sponsorship!!!

Andrew