UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#36223  by torment

mmm...not good..

jerry..over to you.
 #36224  by ukdrn

As far as I understand it proposals have been made to build houses on that site for many years and luckily up to now nothing has happened.
I believe this is one of a few proposals and there is opposition saying that Long Marston isn't the correct site for the development.
It would be a crime if we lose SCR but if you were the landowner and somebody offered you a massive lump of money to retire on what would you do?
 #36236  by muddytalker

Although the Housing Application is hanging over us its still business as usual for the foreseeable future. The historic sprinting venue from the fifties and sixties Wellesbourne Mount Airfield is now the latest point of interest in the Warwickshire area. It is believed that the owners want to sell the airfield which if this happens will be a great loss to many flying businesses, businesses in general, a thriving Saturday Market and the home to one of the two sole surviving Vulcan bombers. We are not alone. An official statement is forthcoming.

NB: This is not for republication anywhere
 #36237  by martyn b

Get signing that e petition, (every little helps ,so they say) when I went to the page only about 600 signatures so far; other users are putting on their websites now, so hopefully the numbers will start to increase, they need to, to have any impact.
 #36238  by huszarail

Done, and over 1200 signatures now.
 #36239  by ukdrn

As you say Jerry it's business as usual this season so all we can hope is that people support that track and take in a few meetings there this year.
The petition is nice but bums on seats helps pay the bills.
 #36240  by DWPhil

Unless the land has or will be compulsory purchased then the Land owner must have agreed to sell it to the developer . This issue has been hanging over SCR for many years and its still there so hopefully it continues for many more years
 #36242  by torment

They seem pretty sure of their site access in 2017. .

hey..It gives me till then to run a 7 I guess.

Jerry I apologise for the over to you comment, it's just not nice to see my favourite holiday destination under threat by developers. .

i should not have put you on the spot.