UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#36047  by ahensman

We're off!!
Two days into the 2014 NHRA season and the "Old Man" sets the black-top alight.
Mr. Force runs 3.98 off the trailer on qualifying run number one then backs it up with a World Record 3.966 on his second qualifying run at the 2014 Winternationals. And just to hammer it home, he lays down a World Record speed in the process.
Hey Castrol and Ford! Do you really think the Old Man is past it?
Do you want to reconsider pulling your sponsorship in 10 months?
This guy is a marketable product at all times so I'm sure a competitive Oil and car maker will step in.
 #36048  by herb andrews

Here's my take on Pomona.

I was more impressed with someone nearer to home, Jonnie Lindberg. now before people start saying "Well yes, but he has Manzo's old car" people have bought championship winning cars in the past and fell on their face so good for him, TMFC (and TMD) is a tough top class act, well in NHRA terms anyway.

If you were following qualifying you already know he spun the tyres on the first one, and there was always the risk on the second, so to go 5.598 @ 263.15, both career best's and into 2nd, gets my 'tip of the hat'. Air temperature was 64 degrees, very nice.... with only .072 between top qualifier Jay Payne (5.587) and 8th position, Steve Gasparrelli, (5.6590) todays final qualifying and first round followed by the rest of the elimination tomorrow will be worth the admission on its own.

Don't get me going about John Farce..
 #36050  by JonC

Jonnie has the world best TMFC speed and the second and third quickest timing tickets ever for the class at 5.42.The chassis and body are ex Manzo, but they are running a Mike Janis /Jancen drivetrain with a 100% Lindberg setup. They are a class act, and will be there or thereabouts on any given raceday anywhere in the world. I really hope they have some luck and do well over there, but a teensy selfish bit of me wants them back here :-)
 #36065  by CRR

What a great start to the new season. JF pretty much had a flawless weekend topping it off by running 3.965 to win the final, the second quickest FC run ever. There were a couple of boomers in FC with Cruz Pedregon backfiring the blower but the body just about stayed on. Ron Capps had one of the most awesome explosions I've ever seen which completely destroyed the body. I guess he never had the newly proposed hinged flaps on the body to dissipate the concussion :lol: Sidnei Frigo had one hell of a moment in TF when the blower let go and took out a slick. How he kept it off the wall and shiny side up I don't know.

So, it appears that the new reductions in engine revs in the fuel cars haven't made a jot of difference to the times, speeds and general carnage.