UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#30928  by crazyhorses

The round by round FIA Top Methanol results seem to indicate that if the Hockenheim points had been deleted the winner would have been the same. This is important because it doesn't degrade Manty's fantastic performance although others further down the points table might not feel the same. I'm guessing that this must be the first time that Malta has had an FIA Champion of any kind. I wonder whether they can award him the Freedom of Valleta.
 #30939  by NitroWars

crazyhorses wrote:The round by round FIA Top Methanol results seem to indicate that if the Hockenheim points had been deleted the winner would have been the same. This is important because it doesn't degrade Manty's fantastic performance although others further down the points table might not feel the same. I'm guessing that this must be the first time that Malta has had an FIA Champion of any kind. I wonder whether they can award him the Freedom of Valleta.
The final results were:
1. Monty Bugeja 467
2. Chris Polidano 328
3. Dennis Habermann 323
4. Dave Wilson 316
5. Timo Habermann 309
6. Peter Schofer 206
7. Krister Johansson 190
8. Esko Raisvuo Finland 100

Per my calculations, if the racing points for Hockenheim were removed the points would have been:
1. Monty Bugeja 447
2. Chris Polidano 328
3. Dave Wilson 316
4. Timo Habermann 289
5. Dennis Habermann 263
6. Krister Johansson 190
7. Peter Schofer 166
8. Esko Raisvuo Finland 100
 #31289  by crazyhorses

Today's Eurodragster publishes info from Jerry Lackey regarding resurfacing Hockenheim. Still to decide whether Concrete or Asphalt but at least something seems to be happening - hopefully.
 #32680  by Glenn R

It seems that F1 is to move from Hockenheim once again, will this affect the drag racing at all in terms of financing the venue
 #32807  by Luke@vwdrc

As the F1 is not there in 2013 why cannot they extend the meeting to a 4 day like all the other rounds, I was under the belief that it was only 3 days because they have a limit on how many days they can hold events
 #33949  by crazyhorses

Although I wasn't there, by all accounts Hockenheim 2013 was a fantastic event this year so congrats to everyone at the track for turning it round from the 2012 debacle. I think it important to state this under this as a closure to the topic.
 #33950  by ukdrn

Well said.
Topic Closed.