UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#30386  by ahensman

Bob Tasca pit early morning. Bob (in cap on right) discussing tactics with crew members.
Attachments
Tasca Pit.jpeg
Tasca Pit.jpeg (14.79 KiB) Viewed 7956 times
 #32883  by CRR

The news today is that ESPN and ESPN America have been bought by BT who state that they will "continue to operate at least 1 ESPN branded channel." Also; "the deal will also see BT continue to show the US sports currently shown on ESPN America."

Let's wait and see!
 #32884  by muddytalker

Blimey. That's not good. They can't even get the phone lines and the broadband sorted let alone take over ESPN. :?
 #32885  by ahensman

Phew!!!
I had to google your news and found to my relief that its ESPN's UK and Irish service that was sold BT. You had me going there as I was worried that the whole ESPN service was purchased by BT.
The US stuff is still DIsney owned, so us ex-pats will still see all the racing action here in the states.

By the way, anyone in the UK interested in attending the Mopar Mile High Nationals in mid-July?
I could make myself available to show folks around and act as host.
Race days are Thursday 19th through Sunday 21st July (2 qualifying sessions Friday and 2 Saturday with finals on Sunday) Plus there's a lot to do around the area for those making it into a holiday.
 #32886  by CRR

ahensman wrote:Phew!!!
I had to google your news and found to my relief that its ESPN's UK and Irish service that was sold BT. You had me going there as I was worried that the whole ESPN service was purchased by BT.
Sorry about that. :) Yes, as Jerry said, it's certainly not good news. Even if NHRA drag racing is continued to be shown on ESPN/BT here in the UK, then I can imagine it's going to be more expensive to watch.

It would appear that BT is determined to go head-to-head with Sky Sports, which I assume will mean multi sports channels which we will probably only be able to buy as a package at a similar price to what Sky charges. :(
 #32887  by muddytalker

Well we'll have to wait and see how this one pans out. In the meantime qualifying from the Arizona Nationals is on tonight from 9.30 pm and the race tomorrow night from about the same time. Check the ESPN web site for exact timing details.