UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#1983  by tony morris

Hi drag racers, as some of you know we have started are drag racing season in Florida. Feburday 16-18 it got under way in Bradenton which is on the west coast of Florida and was a very cold start to the season. Here are some pictures from the event, I will add more every day or so hope you enjoy Tony Morris.
This is how cold it was not normal for over here, first time I had a jacket on in years.
The Race Track.
Super Gas

Thats it for now Chunky Morris

#2042  by tony morris

Here is some more, dragster this time from the bradenton event.

Top Alcohol Dragster

Top Dragsters class

The above car ran 6.80s without nitrous.

Tony

#2049  by JonC

That whole 'Brogie-esque Roadster' thing in Super Gas is really getting outr of hand now, isn't it?

#2052  by tony morris

Well it a simple fact, with todays close finish line driving you need to see the other car and have to make it as close as you can. In other words you just can not take the stripe by a half a car or more, less than a foot is what your shooting for. In a closed door car it not always possible to see the other car untill it to late.
When I came to the states 15 years ago the 27 roadsters were everywhere, racers then found out by changing to a more up todate roadster like the corvette you could also gain almost 10mph plus see the race around you better.
Chunky

#2053  by tony morris

These are the last pictures from Bradenton.

Stockers Round One.

Super Stocks waiting in the staging lanes for first round.

Super Street Vega

Top Sportsman

So what your favorite class ?
Chunky Morris