UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#18713  by ukdrn

The May bank holiday has always been a great weekend for UK drag racing and this weekend is no exception with 2 meetings taking place at the same time.
So whether you're going to the Pod for the big FIA show or Shakey for your Yanks and Rods fix I want to wish everyone racing a safe and fast weekend and all spectators a really enjoyable time.

We all love drag racing pictures and this weekend 1000's of pictures will be taken so if your fancy posting your pictures no matter how good or bad they are this thread will remain at the top of this section for a while for you to show them and for everyone to see them.

Have a great time everyone.
 #18715  by ukdrn

dragracerdave wrote:Err................. 2 meetings? Lets not forget our meeting at YORK Raceway! we may be small but we still count!
I'm really sorry Dave, of course you count, I support the sport at all levels as you know, I do apologise. :oops:
 #18716  by dragracerdave

Thats ok, only fooling with ya! I'll take my box brownie along & take a couple of snaps,
We are hoping to step up & run a bit quicker this weekend & see if we can improve on 10.94 with this old thing :wink:
 #18724  by ukdrn

Just got back from a very wet day at SPR where not a single run took place because of the rain.
It did give me time to meet a few nice people in the ACAG tent and also take a few pictures of Alley and Commuter which are on show 8)
Com-03.jpg
Com-03.jpg (77.18 KiB) Viewed 11528 times
Com-07.jpg
Com-07.jpg (73.58 KiB) Viewed 11528 times
Nice touch with Tony's name on the side
Nice touch with Tony's name on the side
Com-02.jpg (72.18 KiB) Viewed 11528 times
Com-08.jpg
Com-08.jpg (62.76 KiB) Viewed 11528 times
Com-06.jpg
Com-06.jpg (64.55 KiB) Viewed 11528 times
Com-04.jpg
Com-04.jpg (59.34 KiB) Viewed 11528 times
Com-05.jpg
Com-05.jpg (53.22 KiB) Viewed 11528 times
 #18726  by jaytee

Great shots of Commuter doesn't it look fantastic,wouldn't it be nice to see some of the other old cars like Geronimo,Firefly,Mr6,Shutdown etc etc restored or rebuilt and on display along with some of the bikes from back in the day
 #18728  by dragracerdave

Heres some pics from today at York,
Ian Johnsons AS/S Nova
Brian Woods AS/S SuperBee
Andy Reynolds AS/S Chevelle
New out after rebuild/repaint is Paul Hudsons Camaro
Heres the winner of Rd 2 of American Super/Stock, Dave Billadeau's '64 Fury,
There was also a NSCC round today, heres a few of the cars
Ian Kerr's Willys truck
Shaun Wilson's Camaro,
Charlie Sterlings Consul Capri
Finally the winner of the Round, Andy Hadfields awesome T!
 #18729  by herb andrews

jaytee wrote:wouldn't it be nice to see some of the other old cars like Geronimo, restored
Is Geronimo still around? If it is do we know who owns it and what state its in?

Herb
 #18736  by sjb

Sorry no drag meet pics but these were at the Enfield Pageant of motoring show yesterday...

#18742  by ukdrn

Love those models of the Pink Panther and the Blonde Bombshell 8)