UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#9680  by muddytalker

The big Plymouth Superbird Pro Modified of Graham Ellis takes centre stage in this month’s American Car World magazine. Titled up as ‘Pro Bird’ and written by ARRC’s Bob Roberts the six page colour feature takes you right under the skin of one of the UK’s wildest looking Pro Mods to grace a race track.

ACW also reports on the Mopar EuroNats at Santa Pod, NSRA Super Nationals, Americana and rounds 3 and 4 from the UK Muscle Car Power Tour series at Shakespeare County Raceway. Feature cars includes John Smith’s awesome Henry J Pro Street, Paul Riley’s ’67 Ford Mustang along with Concepts from Chryslers. The November issue is out now from all leading newsagents priced £3.75.

Photo by Jon Spoard
 #9823  by muddytalker

Here's another shot of John Smith's Henry J Deluxe. Motivated by a 427ci BBC, the car is an American import courtesy of Dave Rowe from Winter Park in Florida. At the recent Hot Rod Drags at Shakespeare County, Smith's Henry J ran a best of 14.4 at 91 mph. John said that it felt great. "I could have gone faster but I've not raced for years..."

Photo by Jason Gillmore
 #9840  by ukdrn

John told me that on the Friday night of the meet he had a scary moment when he was out on the street when the throttle jammed open, I think that may have made him take it a bit easier on the track.