UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#8716  by muddytalker

With the 20th running of the NSRA Hot Rod Drags all but ten days away, the events track announcers Barry and Tony are gathering as much info as possible regarding commentary info about the various cars taking part. Thanks to Dominic Romney of Modern Pics fame, Dom has very kindly put together an e-mail form for people to fill in with details about their particular ride; Supercharged Outlaw down to mild street pre 73 of course. This is then sent across to Tony and also Shakespeare County Raceway where the event is being held. So, if any forum members are going and would like to contribute some information then here’s the link http://modernpics.co.uk/hrd.php. See you at the drags!
 #8733  by Dopey

Excellent idea !
Wouldn't it be great if there was an online database, kept up to date by each team, where all relevant information was readily available to commentators, photographers, etc.
Dopey.
 #8740  by LWG

Hi All,

To make life easier for the Announcers, Press, etc, I provide complete Team Details Sheets, covering all NFAA entries, prior to the start of every event at which we appear.

Of course, it is up to each individual Team to let me know of any significant changes to their cars, so I can keep them current and relevant.

I will be at the Hot Rod Drags, sadly without car...sob.
 #8742  by Barry B

The bare minimum we need is the shoe whitened number the scroots give the driver, plus a name and the bare bricks of what the car is. Anything else is a bonus but filling a sheet in is a start !
 #8744  by Besty

I'm glad you spelt scroots correctly Barry, that could have led to a black eye if Glen got sight of it :D .
I filled it Dom's online info sheet, but should that not of sent, brief waffle below:

Race Number: AA/FD 85
Chassis: 161" slingshot by Fester Race Cars. Full aluminium panelwork by Fester Race Cars
Colour: Bare aluminium at present!
Fuel: 95% Nitromethane, 5% Methanol
Engine: 426ci Big Block Chevy, Stage IV 8/71
Transmission: Direct Drive, 3 disc crowerglide clutch

Will be there all weekend, some more testing and the cacklefest on Saturday night (some noise :) )
 #8773  by muddytalker

Thanks Jon. In fact you were one of the first we received. So how's that for service.
 #8851  by Badger

Were there some cool cars at the meet? I'll let this picture answer that question -
Attachments
NickO1.JPG
NickO1.JPG (138.73 KiB) Viewed 17234 times
 #8854  by TimeMachine

Badger wrote:Were there some cool cars at the meet? I'll let this picture answer that question
Ol' Fester certainly has the eye for building a great looking slingshot, looking forward to seeing that and Jon Best's car run side by side.
 #8865  by sid

Great pictures jon..

we had a great time despite not getting on the track....... almost made it!
i didnt think last years event could be bettered but i was wrong... well done to all the people that made it possible.

Sid. :) .
 #8866  by PaulS

Apologies for taking up pit space and not getting out onto the track - new car blues!. We had a slight oil leak from one of the heads and figured that we wouldn't waste anyone's time in taking a car to the start line that was likely to get shut off anyway.

Thanks to the NSRA for putting on the event and for the cacklefest on Saturday - first but hopefully not last time this happens!.

Nice to see Nick's car out - the finish on the car is a real credit to him but a bit gutting that he couldn't run it up.

Still we used up some nitro and now have a complete car with a working motor / clutch & trans which was the object of the exercise.

Paul