UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#37059  by torment

Got to love the outlaws...wish I had a blower motor.....
 #37060  by ukdrn

hrd14.jpg
hrd14.jpg (630.12 KiB) Viewed 12094 times
 #37061  by muddytalker

Just gathering lists for the Nostalgia Drag Bikes and the Heritage Stock Car displays and races. I have even got two World of Outlaw Sprint Cars to make a few demo passes as well.
 #37062  by muddytalker

With any NSRA event at Shakey the NSA Nostalgia Drag Bikes have been a welcome addition with there two on track displays during the weekend. Former Scrambles, Trials and Enduro Sidercar rider John Young will be bringing along his trusty 350 and 500cc Jap Sprinters. So expect a few wild wheel stands from the 2010 NSA Southern Series champion.
Engineer Tim Howell will be bringing along his early 70s period drag bike. Powered by a 736cc BSA Lightening Tim is still looking for that magic ten to appear on the boards. It could happen HRD weekend! Still keeping things British the blown 750cc Triumph of Simon Rees The Grenade has been laying down some quick numbers at recent meets.
Inaugural NDRC Drag Bike Champion Bernie White is expected with his 1928cc Douglas, Developed over the last 10 years Bernie has been knocking out regular 12 second quarters at over 120 mph on this impressive 596cc machine. Also here’s a bit of trivia for you about Bernie some of you may or may not know. Way back in the seventies Bernie held the National and Flying quarter mile/kilometre records in his class. He also averaged 175 mph over the flying quarter on his 500 cc Triumph drag bike Endeavour which he still has as a display piece.
Fresh from his 9 second performance at Weston Zoyland in July Justin Newall will be tweaking up the 500cc Hagon drag bike to go quicker still and eclipse the machines 9.82 performance on a fully prepped racing surface.
Finally Jasper Joy is expected with a machine but at the moment we’re not sure if it will be the Triumph Trident of the Mickeytaker drag bike. Whatever the choice of machine is we’re sure it will be quick!
We are expecting a couple more to enter in the next day or so and once we know we’ll bring you the news here along with the Heritage Stock Car display which this year will include the appearance on track of the late seventies Brisca F1 six wheeler of John Stirk. Yes a six wheeler!
 #37078  by Barngt

Outlaw Anglia list for you all , just a few :lol:

Cliff Griffin
Colin Millar
Ginner
Simon Barlow
Paul Hensher
Mat Cooper
Rob Stone
Barn Levy
Spencer Tidswell
Pete Rollinson
Mark Bracking
Dave sidaway
Lee Taylor
Rick Hooper
Al' O'Connor
Daniel Grant
Ian Tweddle
Michelle Mockford
Gary Bird
Rob Turrington
That's 20 cars for a 16 car field
 #37090  by ukdrn

Good luck to everyone racing at this year’s Hot Rod Drags.
Because of some sudden changes at SCR and also some other issues I have with them it saddens me to say it I won’t be attending this event or any others at the venue in foreseeable future.

I’m Sorry to let down all my friends and the racers that I usually meet up with at the event.
Have a great one guys.
Jon
 #37092  by jaytee

sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to seeing your top notch photo's from the meet