UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#12859  by ukdrn

muddytalker wrote:I believe that John Wood, the original owner of Stef Keelan's 'Heavy Breathin' Austin Farina, was at the track yesterday! Looked good seeing 'The Shogun' Capri reunited and recreating the day of the old Modified wars at Long Marston against the Farina even though the Capri won everytime.

#12860  by muddytalker

Here's a few from Dave Derry

Jeepers. How much pain can that chassis take. Wild Willie Fadster none another back axle yesterday.

Ian Kerr's Pro Street '41 Willys Pick-up runs a 572ci BBC power. From the six runs Ian made, the best ones came on Sunday with two nines: 9.925 and 9.642 at 149 mph.

Good to see Chris Manning's Hooligan 210 Wagon at the drags again. On his info sheet Chris wrote; last time Hooligan ran it ran a 10.07, but now with the bigger blower, bigger carbs and forged crank, 9s is the target. Hooligan ain’t exactly a lightweight, but another chance to give Hooligan a good hiding can’t be missed. Other details included info about the gearbox which going into the event was a TSR 350, but after this weekend it might be a box of swarf covered in a burnt brown sauce. I suspect that’s what happened as the 210 only made two runs on Saturday of 11.435 and 11.279; both at 122 mph

Dusty Laughter 350ci Chevy powered Model A was pulling some wild burnouts. Now you can see why Dusty went home with one of the events special Quick Six Awards given out by the NSRA.

Bevis Allen's stock 'n' heavy 59 Chevy Impala. Do you know that this car weights in at 4000 Lbs and is good for low 13s. Best this weekend was 12.971 @ 103.01 mph.
 #12861  by muddytalker

ukdrn wrote:
muddytalker wrote:I believe that John Wood, the original owner of Stef Keelan's 'Heavy Breathin' Austin Farina, was at the track yesterday! Looked good seeing 'The Shogun' Capri reunited and recreating the day of the old Modified wars at Long Marston against the Farina even though the Capri won everytime.

Shame we can't find a period photo to go with that Jon...or can we! :lol:
 #12864  by compcoupe

Good to meet you on Saturday Sid, the car looks stunning and is a credit to you, and I see from the pic on Eurodragster that you got it running well too, wheels up launch no less.
Nice one.
Now if I can just get mine finished we can have comp coupe match races :lol:

Ray
 #12865  by herb andrews

jaytee wrote:What's the story here?
Just your regular 1940's truck, powered by a 318 Chrysler, towing a full on diner trailer! I'll post pictures later of the burnout, thats right, which got peoples attention as the trucks rear end had twin wheels. From memory it ran a 27 sec 1/4, pretty good for what it has hauling...

Herb
 #12866  by sid

muddytalker wrote:Some cool photos as usual Jon. At last the ukdrn forum logos showing its colours on a real race car. Absolute stunner Sid :D Forgot to ask when you brought the info for us in the tower does the body come from the same mould as those Reliant powered short oval cars called Rebels? They look very much alike!
jerry its a 5/8 scale 1937 ford slantback legend body, not sure if thats the same thing?.
a friend Ian Armitage knows the chap who crashed it and saw it as too bad to repair, so passed it on knowing i was after one... big thanks must go to ian as he passed it on to me for free..
it must have been hard as he know owns my old destiny 1 car and had it sat roughly over that when i went to see it... top man and really not just for that.

Sid.
 #12867  by sid

compcoupe wrote:Good to meet you on Saturday Sid, the car looks stunning and is a credit to you, and I see from the pic on Eurodragster that you got it running well too, wheels up launch no less.
Nice one.
Now if I can just get mine finished we can have comp coupe match races :lol:

Ray
wow what a belting pic but would be better with two!.

thanks and good to see you again.

Sid.
 #12870  by muddytalker

sid wrote:
muddytalker wrote:Some cool photos as usual Jon. At last the ukdrn forum logos showing its colours on a real race car. Absolute stunner Sid :D Forgot to ask when you brought the info for us in the tower does the body come from the same mould as those Reliant powered short oval cars called Rebels? They look very much alike!
jerry its a 5/8 scale 1937 ford slantback legend body, not sure if thats the same thing?.
a friend Ian Armitage knows the chap who crashed it and saw it as too bad to repair, so passed it on knowing i was after one... big thanks must go to ian as he passed it on to me for free..
it must have been hard as he know owns my old destiny 1 car and had it sat roughly over that when i went to see it... top man and really not just for that.

Sid.
My guess is it's come from a crunched Rebels car as the Legends series haven't got a Ford pop looking like that.