UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#31922  by jaytee

looking good,taking shape nicely
 #31924  by Barngt

Cheers all and Ray I would rather spend the money on a Hilborn inj stack :D but i have seen the set on ebay ,nice . Big thanks to jaytee for helping out .
 #31926  by muddytalker

Looks like Dave Clee's Shotgun drag bike will be ready to roll in 2013 following a few minor modifications on the front end carried out by John Hobbs no less.
Shotgun.jpg
Shotgun.jpg (211.29 KiB) Viewed 9927 times
 #32235  by muddytalker

This is the new altered of Dave Jones to come out of the workshop of Roy Wilding Nostalgia Race Cars. I think I'm right in saying that Dave used to race a metal flake silver Ford Pop at RWYB events at Shakey from time to time, commissioned Roy to build him an altered and this is what rolled out of the Black Country chassis shop over the new year period. Powered by a 454ci big block Chevy and a 2 speed power glide the chassis is tagged for 7.50 competition. The T body is the product work of former Wild Bunch racer Paul Bland and the paint has been lovingly applied by Outlaw Anglia driver Barry Woodford. Speaking with Roy last night Dave is planning for some early shakedown runs at Shakey's season opener in March. Personally I can't wait.
roy 1.jpg
roy 1.jpg (126.43 KiB) Viewed 9808 times
roy 2.jpg
roy 2.jpg (84.78 KiB) Viewed 9808 times
roy 3.jpg
roy 3.jpg (118.47 KiB) Viewed 9807 times
Photos courtesy of Roy Wilding & Barry Woodford
 #32745  by Barngt

Busy trying to get tin work all finished , still got door panels and then polish them and tunnel , not so happy with gearbox tunnel but for me to get alley sheets its a 3hr round trip so its on the re too do list for another year :lol:
Attachments
gearbox tunnel on floor / belly pan
gearbox tunnel on floor / belly pan
IMG_1221 - Copy.JPG (70.87 KiB) Viewed 9624 times
A look in the from front
A look in the from front
IMG_1217 - Copy.JPG (96.27 KiB) Viewed 9624 times
 #32746  by Millevanille

Rat hunter, for a big block?
 #32755  by compcoupe

Coming along nicely Barn, look forward to seeing it out at the drags this year.
Ray
 #32803  by dorrisdormouse

Over the coming months were going to build a new chromoly chassis for dorris dormouse, this will house a new 520ci Blown Alcohol Chevy motor. Initial progress may be slow, but the overall aim I guess will be for the car to be the fastest british built blown alcohol slingshot. Will we get there? I dont know - I believe the record currently requires a 6.84 or quicker... talking with the engine builder (who's family rear engine rail has run into the 6's) its plausible for the combination to run a 6 - time will tell though.
 #32808  by herb andrews

Dave

This August will be 30 years since Norm ran the UK's first, blown alki, front engined dragster, 6 second run in his, and Steve Rose's 'Plan X' slingshot, at the Pod (6.85, 28-8-83) and backed up at Blackbushe (6.94, 2-10-83), taking Gerry Andrews /the Stone's NDRC record of 7.29 set at Snetterton in 75. You would have thought in the 30 years since, somebody else would have run a 6, so good luck with your new adventure

Herb