UKDRN

Discuss anything to do with modern day drag racing here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#8557  by fester

Apart from eurodragster,does anybody know anything,quite a lot of atrition at long marston today evidently :shock:
 #8562  by JonC

Ivan and Rose's photo sequence is already on Agent 1320. Looked a scary incident, all the best to Lawrie, John, Lesley and the team for a swift return.
 #8564  by hellfish

Wishing the team a speedy return to action and hope all are well after this accident!Now you kno why you stayed on the spanners for so long John! :D .Seriously tho hope to see you out soon
 #8565  by ukdrn

Never nice to see a crash but thankfully John was okay, the car was suffering with shake and other problems trying to get it's huge amount of power down all weekend, it looked a real handful on every run. The chassis didn't look that bad but no way of telling until it's back in the workshop.

#8569  by LWG

Thanks for the pics and everone's good wishes...

It was sad to see all the effort by the whole Crew decimated in such an incident, truly horrible to watch and feel powerless to stop it.

Thankfully John is OK, if a little sore and Lesley is a tower of strength to him.

We are working on a plan of action, first to strip the chassis and get it on a jig, then to decide the best way forward.

As Ivan and Rose said, 'it doesn't look as though the body will buff out '....LOL

Whatever it takes,we will be back, better and stronger than ever, but realistically it looks like 2009 due to limits on manpower to get the job done.

However, the NFAA Show has to go on, we have two more events to do and we will be there putting on the magic that goes with Fuel Altered Passion, or is it obsession ?
 #8570  by ukdrn

Good luck with the rebuild Lawrie, we all look forward to seeing the car out again.
Here's some pictures from the stands from ukdrn's good friend Colin Barlow.
 #8581  by fester

Glad johns ok,i know its corny, but you can always build a new car :shock: how are you laurie i here you got run down by a car in the staging lanes :shock: :shock:
 #8582  by MotorPsycho

It was gutting to see, always bites more when its someone you know, and after all the work by the Chaos crew the car was running so strong.

John's driving job to keep the car out of Tony's lane, and then the barrier before it went over was nothing short of masterful.

Pretty much all the altereds were struggling with shake or getting out of shape around 100ft out but I'll so no more on that matter.
 #8583  by tony morris

Here is the run on video for those who missed it, seeing he has know me since I was a teen it was painfully watching the run I'm glad John's OK, I wish the team a speedy return to the track.

Chunky Morris