UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#7264  by nash-thrash

Hi all,

Looking for a few parts to help put the old 2Toncarmen Jag Altered back together. Working on a tight budget, as most of us are, so wondered if there was anyone out there that could help me out with a few bits from there parts bin, for a fair price.

Steel bellhousing suitable for Jag XK straight 6
Flywheel & Clutch
Approx 2 gallon fuel tank for Methanol
Tubes suitable for 28-31x10x15

Thats it for now, I've posted a pic so you can see what the car used to look like (thats the old man crouched at the front wheel) and a pic to show what it looked like when I found it. Things are moving on though and we are in the put it baack together phase. Maybe I'll post a few progress pics if anyone is interested.

Jim
Sad looking car stuffed in the corner of a barn 2007
Sad looking car stuffed in the corner of a barn 2007
P1040452.JPG (1.77 MiB) Viewed 9310 times
At her peak approx 1980
At her peak approx 1980
06_FCA21.jpg (35.76 KiB) Viewed 10522 times
 #7266  by ukdrn

Hi Jim, welcome to the forum and good luck with the rebuild.
I would imagine there are many cars like this sitting around and it's great that you have taken the
decision to restore it, I hope some of our members can help you, and yes we would be
very interested in some restorationn pictures, thanks and good luck.
 #7273  by niceonesquire

cool altered excuse my ignorance but whats the body it looks jagish to me
im to young and good lookin to remember it!!
 #7274  by nash-thrash

The body is a narrowed D type with the rear dome and front section removed, originally from Poison Ivy, another Jag altered that ran in the 70s. I'm having a new glass fibre one made from a mould of the original, may even keep the mould if anyone wants to make their own.

I've posted another pic of the car before the front of the body was removed.

Off to rebuild the rear 9" I'll look back again tomorrow.

Jim
Body recognisable from Poison Ivy
Body recognisable from Poison Ivy
05_FCA21.jpg (44.23 KiB) Viewed 10474 times
 #7280  by fester

hang on :shock: is that ablower i see before me :shock: and its still on the car in the ...as found.... pictures ...surely thats cheating :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
 #7282  by nash-thrash

Its only a short block 2.8 motor though fester, me dad had to find a way of getting a bit more power, seemed like good idea to to put a wade superscharger on it. Actually its a scavenge pump from a Comma 2 stroke Diesel. i don't now how much boost it gives but the car did have a habbit of stretching the head studs, and blowing the intake pipework off. I can't wait to fire her up :lol: :lol: going to take a week out of work soon to rebuild the motor.

I'll post another pick when I've got the motor back in and the new body on.

Jim
 #7289  by fester

nice one nash, did your dads car used to be something else before he had it with the full body, also blown jags are cool do you remember zider rider what was that name all about eh ,good name.
 #7293  by nash-thrash

Yes fester, the car used to be a MINI, thats was the car that rolled at pod. I've only got a pic of it when it was yellow, but before that it was Gold.
Blackbush 75
Blackbush 75
blackbushe_april__75_011.jpg (36.84 KiB) Viewed 10248 times
Whats left of the body after the roll over (pod sept 20th 1975)
Whats left of the body after the roll over (pod sept 20th 1975)
03_JCA21.jpg (94.93 KiB) Viewed 10246 times
 #7295  by nash-thrash

Very much appriciated timetravel, :D been looking for pic like that for ages. I'll have to ask the old fella what he did to the car between gold and yellow eara. In the gold car pic, the body has a more agresive stance being lower at the front. I always thought it was just a paint job but maybe not. I was only 6 so i don't remember.