UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#9997  by ukdrn

They didn't use the rocket, I don't know why they put that on it.
I'm sure I see Sammy run a 5 in this car.
 #9999  by MotorPsycho

I think it was intended to run for the British Landspeed Record hence the compound jet/rocket setup but for whatever reason it didn't happen.
 #10001  by JonC

ukdrn wrote:They didn't use the rocket, I don't know why they put that on it.
I'm sure I see Sammy run a 5 in this car.
The plan was to use the peroxide rocket as a booster, an idea recently revived for Richard Nobles new LSR project.

Sams Rocket car nearly burnt the tower down on its first run, then came out again later and ran 5.46 or some similarly outrageous time. At the time it was the 3rd or 4th quickest jet car run in the world, and it seemed like no one noticed.
 #10002  by ukdrn

I knew it was quick but I didn't remember it was that quick, I seen to remember the run to be in the dark.That That Bloodhound project is incredible.
 #10028  by stormbringer

huszarail wrote:Anybody had their 6 numbers come up?
Sammy Miller F/C on eBay.com item No 290264704751
You don't need 6 lottery numbers for the car "Spirit of 76" Rocket powered Mustang 2 it didn't sell . It is in need of a repaint at the very least because somehow it got oversprayed as Chicago Patrol (e-bay photo shows original paint underneath!). It doesn't have the same meaning to us brits as "Vanishing Point" did,I wonder what will happen to it?