UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#8300  by muddytalker

From the vast amount of information gathered here it would be nice for someone to compile a list of what went where and who had what in some kind of date order! This would help build a clearer history picture!
 #8301  by hellfish

I will probably see Richard Bruton next week at Hockenheim so i will catch up with him and get some info on his car,Chassis history,any updates he has done etc,I do kno that he bought lots of fuel stuff from Andy Carter(who he crews for)at the mo.This list would be interesting to do because essentially we would be compiling two lists,The body and the chassis as they both had separate journeys in the end
 #8302  by Glen

I purchased the body, chassis and rear axle form cheltenham area Oct 02. Sold body late 04 to Adam Charnley, who later sold to a chap called Mick in the Stoke on Trent area. Body then seen on Ebay sometime in 2007, bought by Richard Bruton. I sold the chassis to Richard Jan 06. So eventually the two halves reunited again. Body needed a fair amount of repair and as mentioned he built a fuel altered, so whether the car will be a funny car again, who knows, maybe Hellfish can ask him his future plans for it.
 #8304  by Glen

Sorry Hellfish should of clarified, When I purchased the chassis it had a beretta body mounted on it. I've sent Muddytalker some photo's that he will post later on that should explain it.
 #8305  by PaulS

Hellfish & all

The mustang body has not been in the same place and time as the chassis since it Left Mike Burt - the body was used on Time Machine (Gleadow Bros.) and then it came to us in about 1997.

I always believed the chassis was Lost / destroyed but it may be the one Glen had.

Paul
 #8308  by muddytalker

Glen wrote:Sorry Hellfish should of clarified, When I purchased the chassis it had a beretta body mounted on it. I've sent Muddytalker some photo's that he will post later on that should explain it.
And here are the photos Glen mentioned....

#8362  by PaulS

Looking at the pictures of the chassis Glen had I don't think it is the Iron Horse chassis, sure it has been heavily modified at the front end with the addition of the A Arms but if you look at the picture at the bottom of page 3 you can see a chassis brace running from just under the breather in the left side top rail. This brace is running from the top rail down to the bottom rail to a point about halfway along the engine (heading towards the rear of the car), if you look at the pictures of the chassis Glen had in this position the brace is running in the opposite direction i.e. from the bottom rail up to the top rail about halfway along the engine. Although this is just one tube it is very unlikely that anyone would change the direction it runs as it would also mean changing the other braces in the bays in front and behind it, if you also look at the pictures above, there is a gap in the bracing on the left side bay alongside the engine in just about the correct position to allow clearance for the oil pump on a 426 Hemi - as far as I know the "Iron Horse" chassis was originally built for a 392 Hemi and would not have have this gap built into it as it would serve no useful purpose - Just an opinion.

Shame about the butchery to the rear axle mounting - has it been repaired so it's back to original?.

Paul
 #8363  by Glen

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, Fester gave me the indication it was Mike Burt related. I tried to contact Mike himself to confirm and had no luck, so that's all I had to go on and as nobody could give me the location of the Iron Horse chassis you can see how things fell into place. I've only just found the photo's, so to be honest haven't been able to compare tube placement myself. All I definitely know for certain it is 100% Sarte built. I bought the chassis with the axle already cut as shown as the chap that I bought it from was building a street eliminator scirocco, cut the axle off with a grinder, then found it wouldn't fit. I assume Richard who owns it now has probably gone back to a more conventional mounting.