UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#8285  by muddytalker

Thanks Paul. Mailed received.

Car as run by Crazzzzy Jake Crimmins.

Another shot of Chicago Patrol.

Picture of car mid build during first body fit.

And one of your own car taken at Santa Pod.
 #8286  by PaulS

Thanks for the picture service, havn't seen the last one before, probably the Easter meeting which was the last time the car ran as we completely destroyed the glide and shortly afterwards the late Chris Worsell (1/2 owner)moved to the USA. Seem to remember the best the car ever an was a 8.21 at the Park - not too bad for a 2 bolt block!.

Paul
 #8287  by muddytalker

Well, you asked for some chassis shots so here goes. Cheers Paul.

First is how it was when John Bennt found it.

Second is the chassis with engine etc in (taken three weeks ago).

The last is a "Wendy's eye view".
 #8290  by hellfish

So jumpin back a little(was gonna post yday) to summarise this thread so far,The iron horse chassis was a Sarte and is now Richard Brutons fuel altered,The showtime vette we talked about was a Sarte too(possibly in Malta) and finally the Chad/Oka Gladiator chassis of Pauls is a Sarte too?is that what we are saying?Or have i been drinkin too much again and got lost? :shock: :shock: :D :lol: By the way thats Paul thats a real nice job you have done on the car and hope you have a safe/ fun/ long future with it 8) 8) 8)
 #8292  by PaulS

Hellfish, as a line from a song goes "two out of three ain't bad" - the chassis I have is a Buttera chassis, I originally thought that the Iron Horse / War Horse body had been on aButtera chassis (see article on previous page) which is why I bought the chassis we now have as I had also ben told that the original had been lost / destroyed and it seemed like a good plan to put a "period" car together.

Don't think the body was done by Sarte though as he had a trademark of using Pineapple shaped fire windows in all of bodies and this body has diamond shaped windows.

Paul
 #8294  by Glen

Muddytalker, I've found some photo's of the chassis I had. Could I send to you to place in this topic. Thanks

Paul, the steering from sitting in the car ran down the left hand side, but in saying that the chassis had been seriously front ended, bottle mounts, 2" offset, A arm mounts and extended to 125", so could have been changed over. I do think it may have been the JWR senator nitro car as the beretta body I had and chassis fitted perfectly.
 #8297  by hellfish

The chassis you had,Are you talking about the Chad/Oka gladiator chassis or the Iron Horsre chassis? :? If im right in thinking the Woolfe senator became the Chabik/Hawkins/Riply car and that chassis was i think a Victory/Plueger car :?
 #8298  by Glen

I think mine was the iron horse chassis, but like I mentioned had been front ended to current spec and looked similar to a plueger. So with the body up and the front on full view people could believe it was a full plueger.