UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#8366  by hellfish

Maybe then it might be the Showtime vette chassis then?that would tie in with what Paul says about the clearance for the 426 oil pump! i guess that car would have been 426 from the get go? :?
 #23975  by GNRCUSTOMS

As most days i trawl through the site on my lunch break reading intrested articles from the days gone by and i come across this thread while trying to research a little project it have in mind, ( sorry to open up old threads)

I have got to know Richard Bruton well over the past couple of years through being on Andy carters team.

The strange thing about this thread me and rich was only talking about his funny car/altered the other week. I am sure he said to me that the chassis is almost complete so i take it the rear axle is now relocated. As stated rich does own the JWR berrata(SP) body and is still in the same colours as the previous photos. The chassis is now a fuel altered but i cant recall him saying if it had an altered body on at present.

Next time i speak to him i will see if hes got any photos of it in its present state.
 #23979  by Doug McDiarmid

Wendy Baker has certainly had the Time Warp Mustang II bodied funny out and about. Not personally seen it run a quarter yet, just haven't been at them meetings, but did see it August last year (2010) at a smallish local bike and car show near Reading, at the Macs Cafe. Posting a couple photos here. They did have a list of previous owners/names with the car on a billboard, but from what I remember, the chasis and body were not always the same vehicle. When they fired the car up for a static demo, it sounded pretty crisp, so I'm looking forward to seeing it hit the quarter. Nice paintjob on it, and it sure looks the part, love the older shape bodies, takes me back to the 'good ol days'.
DSCF5925.JPG
DSCF5870.JPG
DSCF5887.JPG
DSCF5869.JPG
 #23981  by GNRCUSTOMS

(not my best photos as these were taken using a 18-55mm lense and enlarged)

I had never seen a nostalgic funny car run before let alone this one. When we did Truck show last year wendy was due to run on the saturday but for some reason didnt get a chance, so i made it my misson of the day to watch one of the 2 runs. These where taken on the second run of the day.

Took these at the flames and thunder show last year.

Would anyone know the colours used on the time warp body?
 #25409  by muddytalker

GNRCUSTOMS wrote:
I have got to know Richard Bruton well over the past couple of years through being on Andy carters team.

The strange thing about this thread me and rich was only talking about his funny car/altered the other week. I am sure he said to me that the chassis is almost complete so i take it the rear axle is now relocated. As stated rich does own the JWR berrata(SP) body and is still in the same colours as the previous photos. The chassis is now a fuel altered but i cant recall him saying if it had an altered body on at present.

Next time i speak to him i will see if he's got any photos of it in its present state.
Does nayone know anymore about Richard and does he still own the JWR Chevy Beretta/Opel Senator body?
 #25715  by GNRCUSTOMS

muddytalker wrote:
GNRCUSTOMS wrote:

Next time i speak to him i will see if he's got any photos of it in its present state.
Does nayone know anymore about Richard and does he still own the JWR Chevy Beretta/Opel Senator body?
Muddytalker,

I am good friends with Richard and and funny enough we was only talking about this today.

Richard still owns theJWR Beretta body but its still in the same colours as a previous photo "b4u racing"?

if you need any more info etc feel free to drop me an email at nitrojunky[AT]sky[DOT]com as richies does not have access to email.

Regards

Gareth
 #25754  by muddytalker

Hi Gareth

Thanks for the info. I was only chatting about this very subject to Dave Riswick the other day. I believe that Dave has been in touch with Richard in order to try and getting back for his museum project. I'll send you an e-mail.

Jerry
 #27024  by GNRCUSTOMS

I had a meet up a few weeks ago with my mate Rich and he gave me a couple of photos of his funny car.

They are only of the chassis and they are couple of years old. Hes going to get some better ones for me and of the body aswell.

The car as not been worked on for ages and just sitting in his workshop until he as the spare time to get on with it hence why its surrounded by parts etc.
 #27657  by ukdrn

Here a new one of the Body from Avon Park.
DGM-265.jpg
DGM-265.jpg (125.74 KiB) Viewed 9218 times
Picture:DGM