Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#18497  by herb andrews
 Sun May 02, 2010 10:03 pm
ukdrn wrote: The guy who brought it was called Mark Geary, he used to work at Auto Art, he's currently in his loft trying to find some pictures of the rest of the car.
90 replies and over 10,000 viewings later the trail, like the weather has gone cold again. Did Mark find any more pictures?

Martyn B
The rail in Sams posting belonged to Bill Haynes and was a fresh build. Roger sold the Sinclair and Little rail to "some essex boys" who ran it for a while before cutting it up.

Back up girl reqd
 #18500  by martyn b
 Mon May 03, 2010 6:18 pm
herb andrews wrote:

Back up girl reqd

You're supposed to concentrate on the racecar in there, you'd avoid any distractions (specially at your age) with some ugly old boy ... :lol:
 #18517  by herb andrews
 Thu May 06, 2010 7:05 pm
Well, the distraction never affected Russ Carpenters on-track performance :D Anyway I'm not the driver, so I'm allowed to look

Getting back to the thread...., for whatever reason theres a general lack of activity on the forum recently, lets kick it into touch, someone out there must know this rails identity.

#19224  by craiglowes
 Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:52 pm
It was our Fast Forward Pro Comp car - bought from Reg Hazelton who ran it briefly in the UK. Reg had imported it from the States where it had been raced by Clive Skilton. I have never got around to seeing if it was the car in which Clive got to the final in Pomona - to be beaten by Shirley Muldowney - like to think so, but not sure!
It was originally the Kuhl & Olson top fueler - when we were racing this car Carl Olson (who was VP Overseas for the NHRA at the time) made a couple of trips to Europe and was delighted to see his old machine - we kept in contact for several years by letter (pre e-mail!!!) - and he was very keen to see the sport grow and gave me lots of ideas about getting sponsors which we later put to good use with the Total Oil / Venom Alarms / BTR / Highway Winscreens paint jobs on this car.
After this one we bought the next chassis from a Swedish fuel racer (can't remember his name - Stuart will remember)- which started as Total/BTR (with a lexan canopy over the cockpit) and then was re-skinned and became the Rug Doctor Top Alcohol car.
 #19227  by Flying Phil
 Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:56 pm
Been following this thread for a while and glad that Craig has given a positive ID - but from Liz's much earlier post, they also ran a Kuhl and Olsen rail as a "Lizard" - does this mean that two K & O cars came over here?
 #19234  by Stormin Norm
 Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:14 am
That is Craig & Stuart Lowes TAD at i would guess North Weald in the early 90's. Stuart is behind the engine.
I would say this mystery car never ran as a Pro-comp, TAD or Top Fuel in this country. Somebody prove me wrong!!

#19241  by Dave gibbons
 Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:20 pm
Having seen that photo I'm satisfied that it's one and the same car - how come it took this long to get here?! I've e-mailed Guenter but got an 'out of office 'til 19th July' response. I'm sure he'll be pleased to finally know the answer - I know I am.

Any more pics anyone?