UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#23205  by pops charman
 Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:40 pm
Doug,

This is why this website helps ID cars and parts through old memories or photos.
We did have RAC log books later on for competition events but nowadays you have to have a chassis plate with details for SFI certification and recert.

Mind you alot of older cars you wouldnt want to put your name on, my first tube chassis I built included. I like to think of it as learning and progression.?

Nigel
 #23208  by Doug McDiarmid
 Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:09 pm
Nigel
Obviously not up with current regs. My old chassis never had a tag on it (that I ever found, anyhow), but as it had all the bodywork, etc, it wasn't hard to I.D., and most knew it at the time. Thought there SHOULD have been something like that, but as you point out, there now is.

Been scanning through a whole heap of cars I thought might have been this one....so many look 'similar', but nothing positive. Can't have been too many cars that were painted that colour (even once off the race circuit), so it is a surprise no-one has as yet I.D.'d the thing. In the thread, that rear-end of a car, with yellow bodywork.....bugging me, it looks very familiar, but can't place it. Still......not a lot else to do at times, trawl some more photos.
 #23375  by harry
 Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:58 pm
the_lovely_liz wrote:You can rule out any of the Lizards, as mentioned earlier. We scrapped the fueller chasis. After it's 3rd crash!we decided it was unsafe to rebuild. The Pro Comp Lizard went to Finland and is now a 2-seater apparently. So that has knocked 2 out of the equasion
Hi Liz
Here is pic from car in Finland in year 1981.
harry
Attachments
81 Pure Jenkki PC.jpg
Pure Jenkki Pro Comp Dragster
 #27563  by herb andrews
 Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:03 am
jaytee wrote:I was thinking this might be it,but the roll cage is different,maybe someone new to the forum might know something
Thing to remember is anything can be modified and over the years possibly has been. so in this case the cage is different but does the rest of it look right? As you say John, we need fresh eyes to have a closer look.
Dave gibbons wrote:Bloody hell, I'd forgotten all about Andy Grimwade....Dave
Theres not much that can be added, here on the forum, but life around Andy was an experience, for sure. He was living in Florida, is anyone in touch with him?