UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#6612  by Badger

A reliable source tells me he still has moulds for T, Topo and Bantam ..
He was the 'Daddy' of the fibreglass world back in the day, be great to see him pull some new body's from the moulds! 8)
 #6618  by JonC

Dave gibbons wrote:Hemi Hunter was Chevy powered (the clue was in the name!) and the Austria car was apparently Hemi powered,

Yes, i knew that.

Its not beyond the bounds of imagination that the word 'Hemi' could have been used in two differing contexts about the austrian car though.

The Hemi Hunter which is still in the hunter plastics trailer, is that the HH2, or the later HH3 (Maneater?) which later morphed into 'Starliner'? Either way, if it is intact, wouldnt it be great to see it on display somewhere?

Interesting chase this one.
 #6619  by Badger

We need 'Baby Stone' on this one ..

My feeling is they rebuilt Hemi Hunter after the crash and it became Starliner - possibly the car they still have?
Think we've seen it in it's last version here with taller wing and named Hemi Hunter once again ..
 #6620  by cunningplan

I have just noticed how the roll cage on this car looks very much the same as the one above, I know the wing looks diffrent but that could have been changed. What do you think?

download/file.php?id=847&t=1

Its from this topic
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=242&start=24
 #6633  by NitroWars

cunningplan wrote:I have just noticed how the roll cage on this car looks very much the same as the one above, I know the wing looks diffrent but that could have been changed. What do you think?

download/file.php?id=847&t=1

Its from this topic
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=242&start=24

This rail was Trevor Young's car which he sold to Dennis Chereden...
Dave gibbons wrote:Hmmm, personally I'm not conviced, the lower rear chassis diagonals (beside the motor/trans) appear to differ from the Austria car. Roll cage does look correct though.

Dave
Roll cages can be moved from chassis to chassis (especially if back and/or front halved)...
 #6634  by jaytee

What about this from 85,the front axle mounting might tie in with the description at the start of the thread.
Attachments
1a MYSTERYa.jpg
1a MYSTERYa.jpg (55.22 KiB) Viewed 9280 times
 #6636  by jaytee

Anyone know what year the chassis spec changed from a single rear upright at the back of the roll cage to 2 uprights,it might help dating the car.
 #6638  by Badger

Not convinced with the 'Mischief' Theory .. the mystery rail looks like a car that wasn't updated.
Nick Pettitt pic.
Attachments
north_weald_aug__86_001.jpg
north_weald_aug__86_001.jpg (48.02 KiB) Viewed 8961 times
 #6642  by Stormin Norm

Hi Jaytee.
5-point cages were mandatory for the 1980 season over here. Six point cages with 2 back braces were not mandatory until later.
There were 2 Lizards
Hope this helps
Norm.