UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#19224  by craiglowes

It was our Fast Forward Pro Comp car - bought from Reg Hazelton who ran it briefly in the UK. Reg had imported it from the States where it had been raced by Clive Skilton. I have never got around to seeing if it was the car in which Clive got to the final in Pomona - to be beaten by Shirley Muldowney - like to think so, but not sure!
It was originally the Kuhl & Olson top fueler - when we were racing this car Carl Olson (who was VP Overseas for the NHRA at the time) made a couple of trips to Europe and was delighted to see his old machine - we kept in contact for several years by letter (pre e-mail!!!) - and he was very keen to see the sport grow and gave me lots of ideas about getting sponsors which we later put to good use with the Total Oil / Venom Alarms / BTR / Highway Winscreens paint jobs on this car.
After this one we bought the next chassis from a Swedish fuel racer (can't remember his name - Stuart will remember)- which started as Total/BTR (with a lexan canopy over the cockpit) and then was re-skinned and became the Rug Doctor Top Alcohol car.
 #19227  by Flying Phil

Been following this thread for a while and glad that Craig has given a positive ID - but from Liz's much earlier post, they also ran a Kuhl and Olsen rail as a "Lizard" - does this mean that two K & O cars came over here?
 #19234  by Stormin Norm

That is Craig & Stuart Lowes TAD at i would guess North Weald in the early 90's. Stuart is behind the engine.
I would say this mystery car never ran as a Pro-comp, TAD or Top Fuel in this country. Somebody prove me wrong!!

Norm.
 #19241  by Dave gibbons

Having seen that photo I'm satisfied that it's one and the same car - how come it took this long to get here?! I've e-mailed Guenter but got an 'out of office 'til 19th July' response. I'm sure he'll be pleased to finally know the answer - I know I am.

Any more pics anyone?

Dave
 #19271  by Dave gibbons

Yes, I know those ones, thanks anyway but I put them on the site! I meant, any more pics of the car as it was, either as Fast Forward, Kuhl and Olsen, or as Skilton drove it or anything else it amy have been. By the way, looking at the front wing I don't think its exactly the same...

Dave
 #19278  by timetravel

some shots of it when Brian Hazelton had it in '81
77 009.jpg
77 009.jpg (80.63 KiB) Viewed 10531 times
77 010.jpg
77 010.jpg (91.3 KiB) Viewed 10531 times
77 011.jpg
77 011.jpg (76.41 KiB) Viewed 10531 times
 #19282  by ukdrn

Dave gibbons wrote:Yes, I know those ones, thanks anyway but I put them on the site! I meant, any more pics of the car as it was, either as Fast Forward, Kuhl and Olsen, or as Skilton drove it or anything else it amy have been. By the way, looking at the front wing I don't think its exactly the same...

Dave
Sorry :lol: here you go, some of mine.
As Norm said, doesn't look the same car.
FF-01.jpg
FF-01.jpg (53.11 KiB) Viewed 10525 times
FF-02.jpg
FF-02.jpg (47.33 KiB) Viewed 10525 times
FF-03.jpg
FF-03.jpg (84.29 KiB) Viewed 10525 times