UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#489  by andy fadster

I have just collected the ex mark mitton bantam which used to run a jag six. The plan is to run the ex john whitmore alky blown hemi on a new chassis, about 92" similar to pure hell, but probably slightly less powerful..

The dragnfly dragster is now owned by Dave Newman in Hyde who fits the frame a bit better than me...

Timetravel found the photo below from his 86 collection at the Pod. The next photo was taken yesterday on my driveway, slightly worn condition.

#494  by NitroWars

I always wondered what had happened to Marcus "Woolly" Mitton's car, at least I know where it is now...

#498  by MotorPsycho

very cool! what class do you plan to run?

#516  by PeterWalters

Congrats on your purchase! should make a awesome car.

#536  by muddytalker

Andy, the chassis and the body carries a little bit more history other than Mark Mitton’s ownership. In 1987 Mark Forrester raced it for short time, still as ‘Seconds Out’. A year later, a guy named Ron Jury took over the ownership and was raced it at several Long Marston meets as ’8 into 4’, and was also featured as a racer profile in the June 1989 copy of ‘Drag Racing News’ (see below). Programmed drives included the NDRA Real Steel Nationals [July 16th/17th} and the End of Season meet, again at Long Marston on October 22nd/23rd.

#550  by ukdrn

Here's another picture of the car, not sure what year.
ImageImage:Nick J Worsell

#735  by muddytalker

Just found this photo of our colourful Bantam altered taken by Graham Atkins on 16th April 1989 at Long Marston Raceway when Ron Jury was racing it.