UKDRN

Do you own or know the whereabouts of a piece of UK Drag Racing History or just want info on a particular machine.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#5751  by hellfish

Was wondering after reading the thread on the Euro sting what happened to Liam Churchills first capri fc(the mk1 capri)Could Carly Churchill maybe help us again?
 #6331  by jaytee

According to the write up on the Euro Sting in Custom Car Liam used the original Sting chassis but modified the front end by putting the fuel tank in front of the axle.I thought the original Capri body might have been used by Walt Ithell,as Nick pointed out in the Walt Ithell thread he used a Capri body on the original Stratton-Shaver chassis,but not sure if this was Liams original body as Liam still had the Capri body in 75 as Nick also pointed out in the Euro Sting thread,but the engine in the Ithell car looks like the Houndog 354 with Hilborn injection that Liam used in the original Sting
 #6335  by Badger

A pile of mine told me he was over at Geoff Owen's fabrication shop (mid-nineties time) and he spotted a Capri FC body on the site .. Maybe Fester will know more?
 #6358  by niceonesquire

definetly a capri body at geofs place early to mid nineties and a pal of mine had a workshop 2 doors down and told me that geof cut the body up when he moved out dont no if it was the sting though mesur draper might no ill ask him and get back to yas
 #6360  by niceonesquire

just spoke to charley and he confims definetly a capri and 80% the euro sting and it was cut up as far as he knows :(
 #6364  by sjb

Is that Duncan :lol:
I remember the Capri body there at the side of Geoffs workshop,always been in my mind what ever happened to it :( .Geoffs crew man used to have the workshop next door
 #6830  by ukdrn

Here's a piece from National Drag Racer July 73.
Attachments
LCscan.jpg
LCscan.jpg (135.82 KiB) Viewed 8349 times